Our Diversity and Belonging Forum is for everyone - just like our workplace.
Sales Operations Placement
Join our Placement Programme in London
Position: Sales Operations Placement
Location: White Collar Factory, Old Street, London
Role Requirements: Second Year Undergraduate Student at a UK-based University, predicted a 2:1 or above in a Business-related degree
Duration: 12 months, commencing Summer 2022
Salary: £18,000 per Annum
Who are Egress?
Our vision is for a connected world in which people communicate efficiently and securely. To achieve this, we provide human layer security to protect individual users and stop breaches before they happen. Our patented technologies are built using leading-edge contextual machine learning and powerful encryption that mitigate modern risks in ways that other solutions simply can’t achieve. Today, we provide intelligent email security and collaboration solutions that prevent accidental and intentional breaches, protect sensitive data, and equip CISOs and their teams with the detailed reporting required for compliance purposes.
Egress is headquartered in London, with regional offices in the UK, the US and Canada.
Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices has been recognised at The National Undergraduate Employability Awards, where we have been shortlisted five years in a row for the ‘Best small to Medium-sized Employer’.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering the exceptional opportunity to join our Sales Operations team. This candidate will be an undergraduate student looking to undertake a 12-month placement in our Sales Operations department as part of their university degree, commencing Summer 2022.
Our Placement community consists of ambitious team players with excellent interpersonal skills and a get-up-and-go attitude. Our fast-paced growth and unique company culture welcomes new employees and inspires them to thrive.
What would I be doing as Sales Operations Placement at Egress?
Our Sales Operations team sits within the Marketing team and is a pivotal role between the Sales department and the wider business. The team continuously drives the sales system and improves processes, the quality of the data, and creates reports for Senior Management. You will be proactively monitoring data quality, which is used to make strategic and operational business decisions.
As part of the Sales Operations team, your role will involve but is not limited to:
- Becoming an expert in using our CRM system - becoming the ‘go-to’ person for system queries
- Using our CRM system to meet changing business requirements
- Understanding the current processes - reporting and identify areas that can be improved in order to increase efficiency
- Maintaining our CRM database – ensuring customer and prospect information is up to date
- Supporting and developing reporting for the whole business - drives process and leadership decisions and operational support
- Owning Sales Training/Enablement - ensuring the Sales team are onboarded and maintain the Egress Wiki with knowledge articles, new features and refresher training when needed
Who is Egress looking for?
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic second year student at university who is studying in a UK based university, predicted a 2:1 or above in a Business-related degree.
If you are analytical, self-motivated, naturally curious with strong communication skills, then this role would suit you! We don’t expect you to have previous experience in Sales Operations (although previous exposure would be beneficial). You will be well-suited if you are process-minded and interested in pursuing a career in a role similar to this.
The successful applicant will be someone with:
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet software
- The ability to work both independently and as a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution-focused problem-solving skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- The ability to work under pressure
Where will the role be based?
The role will be based at Egress’ headquarters in Old Street, London.
To protect the wellbeing of our employees, our company policy states that all employees must live within a 90-minute commute or be willing to relocate for the year.
How can I apply?
If you think you could be our next Sales Operations Placement Student, please send us your CV and accompanying Cover Letter by clicking the ‘Apply now’.
Please note that applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
- Charity events
- Monthly socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company kick off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
Our London office
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.