If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that will obsess over your well-being with unrivalled work-life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading cyber security company providing global solutions to protect against human-activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in software sales.
As a Public Sector Account Executive, you will work closely with the Inside Sales team to convert inbound, add-on and generated opportunities with key organisations within the healthcare, Central Government, and Defence sectors throughout the UK and Ireland, and turn them in to successful customers. You will partner with our inside sales developers to land new business and expand our growing install base in mid-market (500 – 10,000 employee organisations) for our SaaS solution portfolio. You are the confident, ambitious, and customer-centric public sector sales expert and use creativity, compassion, and tenacity to position Egress effectively, win repeatable closed business, grow your network, and be rewarded immensely.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing an understanding of the client’s business needs, data security regulatory concerns and advising them on ways in which Egress solutions can be used to address those challenges.
- Become an expert in all things relating to your target verticals and build networks within them.
- Understand and guide prospects through the sales cycle and utilise the appropriate procurement vehicle.
- Utilise contemporary prospecting and networking tools to pin-point opportunities and prospect personas.
- Administering inbound enquiries, qualifying and sending proposals and supporting literature out to existing customers.
- Arranging and attending remote or on-site visits and meetings with existing customers, which includes travel as required.
- Working with strategic alliance partners to engage new partner-led prospects where appropriate.
- Promoting Egress products, services, training, and professional services
- Leveraging the wider Egress expertise to underpin your success and growth.
- Develop strategic account plans and progressing opportunities through to closure.
- Ensuring customer interactions are updated regularly in the company CRM system with accurate and truthful forecasting.
- Researching the sector landscape and sharing this information with your sales colleagues
- Actively participating in events and seminars and sharing feedback and success stories to the business.
We are looking for ambitious individuals who have three-to-8 years' prior sales experience, ideally in security related SAAS or Enterprise software businesses. You must have experience selling software to the public sector unless you have experience in security related SAAS or have extensive experience as a pre-sales professional in a SAAS environment.
- You must have a passion for winning coupled with a keen interest in the application of security in highly regulated environments to ensure regulatory compliance, negating the persistent threats that the public sector faces from malicious actors, and in leveraging technology to resolve digital transformation challenges.
- You must possess a natural communication style and have outstanding interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced UK and US business culture.
- Have a demonstrable ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- You should be motivated, driven and have the ability to deliver against set targets.
- Be a fast learner, capable of taking in technical concepts and convert them to compelling stories and use cases to prove our value.
Watch the video below to hear Ansu's experience of joining the Egress sales team, and her journey to becoming a Senior Account Executive.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal-opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid-for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and female representation, but we recognize that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our employee-led Culture Club, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.