If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in Software Engineering.
Egress Defend is an industry leading SaaS anti-phishing solution designed from the ground up to detect deception in emails. As an experienced engineer your challenges will involve building robust scalable software that can handle processing millions of emails in real-time. When working on defend you will get experience in all areas of the product such as critical mail flow components, database work, and user experience.
We are looking for a driven senior engineer with a passion for innovation and technology, who is keen to push the boundaries and contribute to making a real difference to organisations safety. You will be working in a collaborative, fast paced team where every member can significantly influence and shape the product.
- Translating your solutions into code fluently
- Solving problems independently
- Collaborating effectively in a team to achieve big things together
- Understanding other people's code quickly when you are familiar with the language
- Work on industry leading SaaS products
- Taking the lead when circumstances require
- Learning and coaching
- Curiosity and a growth mindset
- Sharing your knowledge
- Contributing your perspective and valuing that of others
- Be passionate about technology and looking for an opportunity to utilize modern technology to drive real customer value and make a difference.
- Someone who is driven and wants to learn and push the boundaries as part of a highly motivated team.
- Happy to work in our Cheltenham office 2/3 days per week.
- Happy to embrace a DevOps culture.
Any experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Modern C# / .NET Core
- NET Blazer tailwind CSS
- MongoDB database
- AWS utilising Terraform
- Mail routing
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (Including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.