Business Development Representative
Join our Sales team in New York
About the role: Business Development Representative
Egress presents to you a job description with a difference, A first-hand account of the role you are applying for from the people currently doing it.
We are looking for someone to join us as a Business Development Representative in our London office. If you are a graduate and looking to start a career in sales with a fast paced, innovative, and award-winning company then please do get in touch. We are open to any discipline of degree as this in an entry level role and we place a great deal of value in training our staff on the company’s product portfolio and sales methodology.
Who are the Business Development team and what do they do?
“My role as a Business Development Representative is important as it is at the very beginning of the sales cycle. Our team are responsible for sourcing, qualifying, and building new business using various methods of outreach such as cold calling, working closely with marketing, or attending tradeshows. It is an exciting, strategic, and rewarding role to be in as we are the first point of contact for many customers in our business”
“Our role is a strategic one where we do market analysis to stay up to date with our competitors, target audience and industry trends. This helps us to identify prospects more effectively and tailor our approach to each case.”
“We are ambassadors for the company and wider sales team working with prospective clients and existing customers to understand their business challenges and to advise on ways in which Egress solutions can address these challenges.”
“The business development team need to be subject matter experts as we become trusted advisors to our existing clients and potential new clients so that we can build strong, long lasting relationships.”
Who would suit this role in your team?
“Someone with the confidence to speak with people face to face and over the phone. We are often in situations where we get put on the spot on a call and having the ability to improvise and still be credible is key.”
“People who naturally have initiative, articulate themselves well, are great team players and personable will naturally do well in a BDR role. These qualities all build a great foundation to work in a challenging and fast paced role where you have to constantly adapt and think outside of the box.”
“A person who is resilient and adaptable. We will often face rejection from prospects and need to be able to deal with this as well as adapt our approach in order to build a relationship”
“A Business Development Representative needs to be a people person. As the first point of contact in the business, we need to be able to make a good impression very early on during a sales pitch. It’s also very important to be a team player and this is the core of everything that we do, and we need to be able to bond professionally and socially.”
“One of the most important qualities is a hunger to learn. We are given a lot of training on the products, sales methodologies and more. The training never stops, and we work closely with various other departments to make sure that we know every part of the business.”
What skills are needed to do this role?
- A university graduate (any discipline) with some exposure to customer environments in past work experience
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to network with peers, prospects, and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade in a business environment.
- A professional attitude, conduct and appearance
- Previous exposure to sales would be a benefit. However, we do provide full training and give you all the tools to be successful
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.
Egress Software Technologies Limited – 12th Floor, The White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF, UK. Company number 06393598.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programs with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Friday breakfast club
- Flexible dress code
- Wide variety of health insurance plan options
- Dental cover and vision plan
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Complimentary snacks, cold brew coffee on tap and soft drinks available
- 20 days annual leave
- 401 (K) with company contributions of 3%
- £2,000 ($ Equivalent) employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- TriNet benefits portal and pre-tax commuter benefits