Company news

Egress unveils Net Zero Transition Plan with ambitious goal to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and achieve net zero by 2050

Leading cybersecurity provider Egress has today delivered its roadmap to become a net zero company, with aims to halve emissions by 2030 and achieve net zero by 2050 from a 2022 baseline.
by Egress
Published on 26th Mar 2024

London, UK – March 26th, 2024 – Leading cybersecurity provider Egress has today delivered its roadmap to become a net zero company, with aims to halve emissions by 2030 and achieve net zero by 2050 from a 2022 baseline. 

The report, titled the Net Zero Transition Plan, has three key initiatives to tackle the ambitious targets: 

  • Focus efforts on robust engagement activities with key suppliers by updating procurement processes and supplier review procedures. 
  • Continue collaborating with office landlords and other building tenants to improve energy consumption, better recycling facilities and enable sustainable commuting. 
  • Embed sustainability into Egress’ business model and decision making, providing sustainability and net zero training to all team members regularly. 

Working alongside Planet Mark, a leading carbon reduction and net zero specialist, Egress has measured its Scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions to determine where carbon reductions need to be prioritized; Scope 1 and 2 refer to direct emissions (e.g. gas, electricity. heating), and Scope 3 refers to all emissions linked indirectly to the wider business (e.g. supply chain emissions, business travel, waste, employee commuting). 

Cutting carbon emissions will not only benefit Egress, but will also translate to a reduction in customers’ own Scope 3 emissions, and will, therefore, have a positive impact across Egress’ growing customer base. 

Egress has also signed up to Tech Zero, a climate action collective for tech companies to hold one another to account and work together to shared sustainability goals as a sector. 

Egress will be working to reduce its emissions by at least 90% across all three scopes by 2050. To achieve net zero, only the remaining 10% of residual emissions can be balanced using carbon removal offsets. 

Ed Bodey, Group General Counsel at Egress, comments: 

“We’re so excited to share our Net Zero Transition Plan and proud to announce our commitment to achieve net zero by 2050. It’s an ambitious goal but the entire team at Egress is determined to work collaboratively and embrace the opportunities the journey will provide.  

“We are well aware of the need to urgently address the climate crisis to mitigate the most damaging effects. As a team we are passionate about doing everything we can in the near-term, and adapting as we grow to ensure we have a positive social, environmental, and economic impact. 

“It's estimated that digital technologies globally are responsible for approximately 3.7%* of carbon emissions, so I encourage other tech companies to join Tech Zero and start reviewing their own net zero plans.” 

To read the full Net Zero Transition Plan report, click here. 

*Source: The Shift Project Report 2019 

About Egress

As advanced persistent threats continue to evolve, we recognize that people are the biggest risk to organizations’ security and are most vulnerable when using email.

Egress is the only cloud email security platform to continuously assess human risk and dynamically adapt policy controls, preparing customers to defend against advanced phishing attacks and outbound data breaches before they happen. Leveraging contextual machine learning and neural networks, with seamless integration using cloud-native API architecture, Egress provides enhanced email protection, deep visibility into human risk, and instant time to value.

Trusted by the world’s biggest brands, Egress is private equity backed with offices in London, Sheffield, Cheltenham, New York, Boston, and Toronto.