Senior Developer (C#)
Join our Development team
Egress Software Technologies are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented software developers to join our growing team. At the forefront of the IT security and encryption industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in software development.
You will be comfortable working in a small team of expert developers, taking the lead on the Web front end elements of our solutions. A habitual writer of secure code, you will possess the ability to mentor and audit the work of less experienced developers. This team creates both desktop and mobile cross platform development for our market leading email encryption product
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement and maintain software to secure critical communication systems
- Lead by example and improve our engineering practices and standards
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, QA's and Product teams to deliver shippable software that meets and exceeds customers expectations
- Play a key part in researching new technologies that will help improve our products and services
- Hands-on commercial experience with design and development of scalable distributed front end .NET applications for Windows Server.
- Knowledge of .NET framework and related technologies, including C#, WPF, RESTful Service, ASP.NET, IIS, Windows.Forms.
- Familiarity with email systems, gateways, MIME, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes etc.
- Authentication frameworks experience (Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Identity Foundation, LDAP, Single-sign-on)
- Good understanding of data security patterns, protocols and standards is a plus (encryption, PKI, TLS etc.) and practical implementation of these in Windows .NET framework and external libraries (e.g. OpenSSL). Habits of writing secure code and ability to audit work of other developers.
- Experience with different versions of Microsoft Visual Studio, PowerShell and/or other scripting languages, source control, bug-tracking systems e.g. Jira etc. is assumed.
- Xamarin using Xcode for iOS and/or Andriod
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme