Ground-breaking archiving of encrypted email content
Enhance compliance and improve business continuity
Egress Switch Secure Vault indexes, archives and makes searchable both encrypted and clear text email content, helping organisations to implement secure messaging solutions while maintaining regulatory compliance and enhancing business continuity.
Switch Secure Vault can be configured to archive all inbound, outbound, internal and journaled email. The scanning and indexing of content includes message body, meta data and any attachments, and the archive search tool delivers comprehensive results within seconds, even when email services are unavailable.
Unparalleled search and data insight
Get the complete picture
Employees get access to their personal email archive from any location, while administrators can be given greater permissions to view email content and monitor the flow of sensitive data within their organisation. Messages can be viewed and forwarded to users’ mailboxes and attachments can be downloaded with a click of a button.
A detailed audit trail of all user and administrator actions provides powerful access controls over the search and analysis of email content. This complete archive access logging includes searches, administrator policy actions and message views. All audit information can be exported into SIEM applications or integrated into other third party audit aggregation systems via a highly flexible API.
Administrators also benefit from powerful e-discovery and compliance tools across a complete record of current and historical archive data. Switch Secure Vault helps you analyse email traffic patterns, including both plaintext and encrypted messages: information critically important for DLP and smart decision-making regarding email security.
Advanced data governance
A comprehensive platform for e-discovery and compliance
Organisations have increasing compliance and regulation obligations. Switch Secure Vault supports these legal and regulatory compliance requirements, and helps manage the costs and complexity of remaining compliant.
General data retention regulations mandate the storing of records. As well as helping admins and users archive and organise their emails, Switch Secure Vault supports these compliance requirements along with powerful e-discovery functionality.
Switch Secure Vault helps organisations identify the legal risks and perform the internal investigations that are so crucial to a comprehensive information security strategy.
To avoid compliance issues and unauthorised admin access, Switch Secure Vault employs a highly configurable set of role-based procedures and policies. Investigations may require multiple approvals / sign-offs before a search can be performed.
Completely flexible infrastructure
Resolves mailbox size limitations, with no need to delete emails or backups
- Data encrypted at rest – confidentiality and integrity is assured
- Supports cloud, on premise and hybrid implementation
- Integrates with any existing email platform, including the ability to import existing archive data
- Seamless Office 365 integration
- Infinitely scalable and resilient architecture
- Hosting and storage provider agnostic – either use one of Egress’ hosting options or store the data with a provider of your choice
- Mailbox and journal archiving for MS Office 365, MS Exchange and Domino
- Integrates with any SMTP or IMAP mail platform
- Multiple authentication options including Switch ID, ADFS and SAML2 compliant IDPs
- Tiered and monitored administration
Switch Secure Vault overview
Switch Secure Vault indexes, archives and provides searching of both encrypted and plaintext emails, enabling organisations to implement secure messaging solutions whilst maintaining crucial archive and e-discovery functionality. Users can efficiently search and access their archived emails, and administrators have enhanced permissions to view email content and monitor the flow of sensitive data in their organisation. All data is encrypted at rest and there are various hosting options available.
Switch Secure Vault provides a hugely flexible and powerful way of searching mail archives. The conducting of investigations into encrypted and plaintext email data allows searches to be made across many parameters, including sender, recipient, domains, date, attachment types, classification used and keywords. Date ranges can be set and the results of the investigation displayed in charts and figures, in an easily understandable way. It is possible to drill down into these charts to see more fine-grained results, and the results are organised into their various parameters.
Archive search voting
A configurable voting mechanism is in place, which means admins will require approval from other admins before they conduct specific investigations into their organisation’s mail flow. The administration of secure archiving can also be completely separated from your standard network domain security, meaning even domain administrators do not necessarily have access to archive data unless specifically granted. In addition, the usual Switch roles and permissions functionality is included, meaning most users will only be able to access and search their own email archive. Comprehensive auditing and reporting mean that every user action in the archive is logged, providing detailed information on the searches users have performed.
Switch Secure Vault features a fully-fledged e-discovery tool, with fine-grained statistics and analysis functionality. This offers real-time filtering of messages based on certain criteria, compiling of general activity summaries and detailed service statistics. This allows organisations to be fully compliant in the most efficient way possible, and gives administrators an easy way to monitor the flow of sensitive data in and out of their organisation.
There is also detailed reporting of user actions within Secure Secure Vault, allowing administrators to monitor investigations, seeing how many investigations were performed, by whom, against which users, and who authorised them. Detailed reports about the activities of a particular investigator, including text searches made, messages viewed, exported and forwarded can also be requested.
- Secures data at rest and in transit using AES-256 bit encryption
- Infinitely scalable and resilient architecture
- Supports cloud, on-premise and hybrid implementations
- Hosting and storage provider agnostic
- Utilises FIPS 140-2 certified libraries
- Secure authentication and user enrolment
- CESG CPA Foundation Grade encryption product
- CESG Pan Government Accreditation
- ISO 27001:2013 accredited
- Cyber Essentials Plus certified
- Skyhigh Cloud Trust™ rating of Enterprise-Ready
- Uses data centres accredited to ISO 27001/9001
- Listed under Cyber Security Supplier to Government Scheme
- Patent protected (GB 0806429.7 | US12/353,390 | GB 0907665.4)
- Index encrypted content - The only product capable of indexing and storing both encrypted email and plaintext email
- Business continuity - In the event of email system downtime, users are still able to access all of their email from within the archive
- e-Discovery - Import historic data and produce email discovery reports based on DLP rules
- Security - All data is encrypted at rest, providing unrivalled security and flexibility
- Auditing - Detailed auditing of all system and user interactions with seamless integration into SIEM applications
- Choice - On-premise, fully hosted or hybrid
- Storage platform agnostic - Use any storage platform / provider, including MS Azure and AWS, and choose data location
- True cloud - Built on the latest infinitely scalable cloud technology. Resource utilisation can be up and down-scaled, depending on load
Authentication and federation - sophisticated integration via Single Sign-on
Switch Secure Vault provides single sign-on integration to support end-user adoption through seamless access to the service, no matter where it is deployed or the device being used. The Switch Client applications for desktop and mobile support single sign-on via Microsoft Active Directory using ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services). Switch Secure Vault also supports the SAML v2 (Secure Assertion Mark-up Language) protocol, offering simple integration into cloud and third party single sign-on providers for unified identity management. As part of a unique licensing model, users are provided with a single global identity (Switch ID) for integrated access across the Egress Switch encryption services platform. As a result, large corporations, government bodies and single users are able to provide end-to-end encryption throughout the lifecycle of shared information.
Flexible system integration
Switch Secure Vault efficiently integrates with the rest of the Switch product line. It is continuous with the Switch Client in terms of providing users with access to their email data and users will find it an easy transition when using Switch Secure Vault for searching their email data. Switch Gateway also features, providing infrastructure to route and audit email data. Classifications added to content using Switch Email and Document Classifier are also included in user activity and mail analysis reports.
Switch Secure Vault user experience
- Individual users are able to view their personal archive, as well as reporting and statistics about the data contained within emails and attachments
- Admins can conduct organisation-wide investigations into mail flow, and on the various search parameters drill-down into specific timescales and content types
- Switch Secure Vault allows companies to maintain compliance, attend to information requests and monitor mail flow in and out of the organisation
- A full audit trail of user actions with Switch Email and File Archive lets admins keep track of who is looking at the sensitive email data, and what searches are being performed
Trial The Software
We believe that using Switch for yourself is the best way to demonstrate how effective it can be. So why not contact us to set up a free software trial today?
National charity Dyslexia Action protects confidential client information using award-winning email and file encryption software solution
London – July 2014 – Egress Software Technologies is pleased to report the uptake of its award-winning email and file encryption software, Egress Switch, by national charity Dyslexia Actio...Read More
Featured Blog Post
The healthcare sector is now dominated by technology, which plays an ever-increasing role in the delivery of healthcare services. In particular, the use of mobile devices and cloud-hosted service...Read More
Thursday 19th January 2017, 13:00 EST – The Enemy Within: Overcoming a Company’s Greatest Security Vulnerability – Its People
It has been reported that approximately a quarter of breaches are caused by human error or employee negligence. With the increasing costs and risks associated with data breaches, we will be discussing...Read More