Senior C# Developer
Location: Sheffield, UK
Egress is currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented software developers to join our growing team. At the forefront of the IT security and encryption industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in software development.
You will be comfortable working in a small team of expert developers, taking the lead on the web front end elements of our solutions. A habitual writer of secure code, you will possess the ability to mentor and audit the work of less experienced developers. This team creates both desktop and mobile cross-platform development for our market leading email encryption product
What you will do
You'll help us to design, implement and maintain software to secure critical communication systems. You will lead by example and improve our engineering practices and standards. Working collaboratively with others (Developers, QAs and Product teams), you will deliver shippable software that meets and exceeds customers expectations. You'll play a key part in researching new technologies that will help improve our products and services.
How you will do it
Any experience in the following would be desirable:
- Hands-on commercial experience with design and development of scalable distributed front end .NET applications for Windows Server
- Knowledge of .NET framework and related technologies, including C#, WPF, RESTful Service, ASP.NET, IIS, Windows.Forms
- Familiarity with email systems, gateways, MIME, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Authentication frameworks experience (Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Identity Foundation, LDAP, single-sign-on)
- Good understanding of data security patterns, protocols and standards is a plus (encryption, PKI, TLS etc.) and practical implementation of these in Windows .NET framework and external libraries (e.g. OpenSSL). Habits of writing secure code and ability to audit work of other developers
- Experience with different versions of Microsoft Visual Studio, PowerShell and/or other scripting languages, source control, bug-tracking systems e.g. Jira, etc. is assumed
- Xamarin using Xcode for iOS and/or Andriod
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night, etc.)
- Work-hard, play-hard culture
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focused environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top-end coffee.