Location: Boston, USA
About Egress – A leader in User-centric, SaaS delivered, contemporary data security.
Security and privacy are paramount when managing and controlling sensitive data. Whether it is emails containing private data shared with customers or engaging business partners with proposals, contracts, media files or documents, sensitive data should not fall into the wrong hands.
Yet to date, organizations have become frustrated with the multiple standalone tools that fail to provide top-level visibility and global control, which results in users bypassing security due to poor user experience and functionality. With a heightened threat posed by covert external attacks including malware and phishing, and insider threats like accidental and premeditated disclosure of data, plus the growing regulatory compliance burden from aggressively enforced GDPR, NYDFS, HIPAA, PCI, and FTC mandates, the stakes could not be higher.
To address this customer challenge, Egress offers an intelligent data security platform that allows the user the freedom to categorize and share unstructured data safely. The Platform allow companies to automatically discover, understand, secure and control the data they process and share.
Egress can help empower employees and citizens with high availability, easy to use and data sharing and collaboration services with unique Machine Learning automation capabilities for reducing risk in today’s cloud and mobile-centric business. Our industry proven, accredited technology is used across defence, financial services, government, healthcare and the wider enterprise, helping organizations secure data and manage breach risk at over 1500 enterprises world-wide.
You will join a seasoned team of sales and data security experts with a track record of success in the US data security market, and have a direct impact on the growth of this new US venture. From its foundations in the UK and success across segments, Egress is aggressively expanding its presence in the US market. Our new headquarters located in Boston’s Fort Point WeWork complex a short walk from South Station provide an exciting and dynamic location to spring-board into your next career opportunity.
As an account executive, you will work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, Director of Marketing and Inside sales leadership to convert inbound, add-on and self generated opportunities to successful customers. You will partner with our inside sales developers to land new business and expand our growing install base in mid market enterprise and state government customers for our SaaS solution portfolio. You are the confident, ambitious, and be customer-centric sales expert and aspire to a the rewards at your fingertips with repeatable closed business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Seeking new business opportunities by targeting existing customers and mid market enterprise prospects with ~1000-10,000 employee or ~$100M to $3Bn revenue
• Developing an understanding of the client’s business challenges, data security regulatory concerns and advising them on ways in which Egress solutions can be used to address those challenges
• Utilize contemporary prospecting and networking tools to pin-point opportunities and prospect personas
• Administering inbound enquiries, qualifying and sending proposals and supporting literature out to existing customers
• Arranging and attending remote or on-site visits and meetings with existing customers, which includes travel as required
• Working with strategic alliance partners to engage new partner-led prospects where appropriate
• Promoting Egress products, services, training and professional services
• Leveraging the wider Egress expertise to underpin your success and growth
• Develop strategic account plans, and progressing opportunities through to closure
• Ensuring customer interactions are updated regularly in the company CRM system with accurate and truthful forecasting
• Researching the competitive landscape and sharing this information with your sales colleagues
• Actively participating in events and seminars, and sharing feedback and success stories to the business.
This role is based in our downtown Boston (Fort Point) office, but you will be required to travel to Customer sites throughout the UK.
We are looking for ambitious individuals who have 2-5 years prior sales experience, ideally in security related SAAS or Enterprise software businesses. You may have come from a pre-sales background and be looking to take the leap to direct sales, or have a strong track record in inside sales and are looking for a break-out role.
• You must have a passion for winning coupled with a keen interest in the application of security in a regulated business environment to solve regulatory compliance or digital transformation business challenges
• You must possess a natural communication style, and have outstanding interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced UK and US business culture
• Have a demonstrable ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a wider team
• You should be competitive, driven and have the ability to deliver against set targets
• Be a fast learner, capable of taking in technical concepts and convert them to compelling stories and use cases to prove our value
• You must have an appropriate US State Driving License, an appropriate visa or citizenship authorizing employment and pass industry standard background checks
• A competitive salary and commission-based package suited to your skills and experience
• Up to 20 days annual leave
• A high energy tech-center office with regular social activities, learning opportunities and social events, coffee and even micro-brew on tap
• Work hard, play hard culture
• Matching 401K scheme
• Competitive Healthcare Benefits for Medical, vision and dental coverage
• Relevant expense coverage for sales professionals.
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.