Software Engineer - Defend
Join our Defend Development team in Cheltenham
About the role
Egress is passionate about fighting and eliminating the most complex cybersecurity challenges that businesses are facing. These challenges involve protecting the users of organisations from malicious attackers attempt to trick and deceive users as well as the mistakes users make, combining advanced intelligence, with excellent detection in a way that empowers and enables users and businesses.
Egress Defend is an industry leading SaaS anti-phishing solution designed from the ground up to detect deception in emails. As a developer your challenges will involve building robust scalable software that can handle processing millions of emails in real-time. When working on defend you will get experience in all areas of the product such as critical mail flow components, database work, and user experience.
We are looking for a driven developer with a passion for innovation and technology, who is keen to push the boundaries and contribute to making a real difference to organisations' safety. They will be working in a collaborative, fast paced team where every member has the opportunity to significantly influence and shape the product.
How we work
Our Defend team are a small autonomous development function consisting of Cyber Analysts, Software and QA Engineers. With a start-up mentality, Innovation, Research & Development are part of our culture. We work in a highly collaborative environment and as a result your ideas will contribute to the continued innovation and development of our Defend product.
You’ll get the chance to work on a modern cloud native product which is all serverless or containerized, with a focus on innovation and utilizing modern cloud technologies, including;
- Vast majority of components written in modern Dotnet core, with some components utilizing Node Js and Java
- UI is written in ASP.NET Blazer using tailwind CSS.
- Mongo DB database
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme