If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that will obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in the UX space.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior UI/UX Designer, who will report to the Lead UI/UX Designer and lead the UX team to work on our exciting suite of email security and secure collaboration products.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to analyse and explore user needs, provide solutions, and communicate your thinking clearly. An enthusiasm to learn & improve and a strong work ethic is essential, as is a strong portfolio of UI and UX projects.
You will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers. You will also contribute to the development of our ambitious in-house design system.
You will ideally have relevant industry experience in another cybersecurity vendor.
- Lead UI/UX efforts on key projects and collaborate with product management and engineering to define and design innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience.
- Be fluent in iterative design processes, taking a concept from lo-fi to hi-fi with user and stakeholder feedback embedded into every stage of your work.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design projects.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas around customer needs.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Help to iterate our in-house design system, evangelise best practices and standards.
- 5 years+ proven experience as a UX Designer or UI Designer.
- Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Highly skilled in interaction design and information
- Proficient in relevant design software (Xd, Sketch, Figma, Miro etc). (Note: we use Figma but understand that expertise in other design tools is transferable).
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Analytical mind with a business-focused approach.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (Including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.