Senior Developer (C#)
Join our Development team in Sheffield
Egress Software Technologies are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented software developers to join our growing team. At the forefront of the IT security and encryption industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in software development.
You will be comfortable working in a small team of expert developers, taking the lead on the Web front end elements of our solutions. A habitual writer of secure code, you will possess the ability to mentor and audit the work of less experienced developers. This team creates both desktop and mobile cross platform development for our market leading email encryption product
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement and maintain software to secure critical communication systems
- Lead by example and improve our engineering practices and standards
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, QA's and Product teams to deliver shippable software that meets and exceeds customers expectations
- Play a key part in researching new technologies that will help improve our products and services
- Hands-on commercial experience with design and development of scalable distributed front end .NET applications for Windows Server.
- Knowledge of .NET framework and related technologies, including C#, WPF, RESTful Service, ASP.NET, IIS, Windows.Forms.
- Familiarity with email systems, gateways, MIME, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes etc.
- Authentication frameworks experience (Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Identity Foundation, LDAP, Single-sign-on)
- Good understanding of data security patterns, protocols and standards is a plus (encryption, PKI, TLS etc.) and practical implementation of these in Windows .NET framework and external libraries (e.g. OpenSSL). Habits of writing secure code and ability to audit work of other developers.
- Experience with different versions of Microsoft Visual Studio, PowerShell and/or other scripting languages, source control, bug-tracking systems e.g. Jira etc. is assumed.
- Xamarin using Xcode for iOS and/or Andriod
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- £2000 employee referral scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus. It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.