Sales Development RepresentativeJoin our Sales team in London
The overall aim of this role is to generate new business and grow client accounts. This role reports to a Business Development Manager or Team Leader in a specific vertical market or territory
Responsibilities will include:
- Seeking new business opportunities by targeting a combination of existing customers and prospective clients
- Developing an understanding of prospective client’s business challenges and advising them on ways in which Egress solutions can be used to address those challenges
- Administering telesales enquiries and sending quotations and supporting literature out to new and existing customers
- Promoting Egress products, services, training and consultancy
- Developing sales quotations, and progressing opportunities through to closure
- Ensuring customer interactions are updated regularly in the company CRM system
- Researching the competitive landscape and sharing this information with your sales colleagues
- Actively participating in events and seminars
- A recent university graduate (any discipline) with some exposure to customer environments in past work experience
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to network with peers, prospects and customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade in a business environment
- Professional in attitude, conduct and appearance
Previous exposure to a Sales environment would be advantageous, however as these roles are at the entry level, such experience is not mandatory.
Full training in the company’s product portfolio and sales methodology will be provided to you.
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Free breakfasts
- Pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Awards and incentives linked to performance
- Our Commission Plans have no ceiling so if you are a stellar performer you will reap the associated financial rewards
- “Promote from within” culture: if you excel at your job, your speed of career progression will far exceed that of your peers in larger organisations
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.