Public Sector Account Manager
Join our Sales team in Sheffield
Our ever-expanding sales team play a vital part in the continuous success of Egress. You will join our UK sales team and will have a focus within the Public Sector. This may include Blue Light, Local Government, Central Government, NHS and Defence. As a company we have had over 10 years of success in this space and are regarded as a market leader in the services we offer.
You will need to be confident, ambitious, and be money motivated to succeed in this role.
We are looking for candidates that can make a real difference in helping our government customers deliver greater efficiency but also save money, contributing towards delivering better public services. We are also a company who takes pride in the work we’ve done so far which includes achieving several awards and certifications for our services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Seeking new business opportunities in your defined remit, through new and existing customers
- Developing an understanding of the client’s business challenges and advising them on ways in which Egress solutions can be used to address those challenges
- Arranging and attending remote or on-site visits and meetings with new and existing customers, which will include travel when required
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders across industry, customers and partners
- Participating in industry meetings and events, presenting when required
- Working closely with all areas of the business to deliver service excellence
- Promoting Egress products, services, training and consultancy
- Developing sales proposals, business cases etc to help progress opportunities through the sales cycle
- Responding to RFIs/RFPs/Tenders/Price Requests within your remit
- Responsible for all commercials when quoting or tendering on a business opportunity
- Will work closely with the management team and the marketing team to execute on campaigns and events
- Ensuring customer interactions are updated regularly in the company CRM system
- Forecasts and reports regularly (weekly) to the management team
- Researching the competitive landscape and sharing this information with your sales colleagues
- Will be required to mentor and assist new staff that join the business
This role is based in our Sheffield offices, but you will be required to travel to customer sites. For the candidate with the right Public sector experience we would also consider some flexibility on working location with some travel to the Sheffield office included.
We are looking for ambitious individuals who have a minimum of 2 years sales experience working in the IT industry and with public sector clients
- You must possess a natural communication style, and have outstanding interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work on your own and as part of a wider team
- You should be competitive, driven and have the ability to deliver against set targets
- You must have a UK Driving License and are expected to travel when required
- Ability to use your own initiative and think outside of the box
- Wants to make a difference, be a specialist in the services and sector you work in
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- £2000 employee referral scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus. It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.