If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on a job post for a company that obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading cyber security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches over email – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path for someone looking to progress within the Product Marketing space.
The Product Marketing team are responsible for driving all aspects of go-to-market strategy and execution. They work closely with the wider marketing team, Sales and customers to create clear, differentiated messaging and drive the direction of all communications and campaign activities.
- Market knowledge
- Be the SME on our buyers and market
- Maintain a deep understanding of our buyers, market and competitors
- Perform/drive research to inform our go-to-market strategy and messaging, including win/loss analysis, competitor research, analyst inquiries and sales, partner, customer and prospect meetings
- Disseminate market knowledge across Egress teams as appropriate
- Collaborate with our product management peers to share research activities
- Messaging and content
- Create buyer-centric positioning, messaging and content
- Own the buyer journey and ensure that up-to-date, relevant content exists to engage the buyers at all stages of their journey
- Engage and manage internal and external resources to create content
- Thought leadership
- Drive priorities for compelling thought leadership activities
- Identify the communities, events and other places where our buyers hang out, collaborate with corporate marketing and demand generation teams to create plans to engage them and to execute
- Create top of funnel content, attend events and be a spokesperson
- Engage and brief journalists and influencers
- Demand generation
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to help drive campaign priorities
- Create campaign content, participate in virtual and physical events as the SME for our buyers
- Enable sales and BDR teams on campaign messaging
- Analyst Relations
- Build relationships with key analysts for our products
- Lead inquiries, briefings and RFI responses focused on our products
- Sales enablement
- Own enablement of the marketing, sales and BDR teams for our products
- Ensure each team can successfully engage our buyers, uncover opportunities, articulate our value proposition, manage objections and beat the competition
- Understand each internal audience and create appropriate enablement content and tools
- Perform regular training sessions to drive awareness of our market and buyers
- Partner needs
- Collaborate with the channel team to ensure that Egress’ partners’ needs are addressed when performing all activities
- Create “to” partner messaging for our products
- Product launch
- Own the commercial go-to-market launch plan for our products
- Act as an interface between product management and all commercial functions
You will be the type of product marketer who understands that product marketing is not about writing datasheets but is a strategic role that drives all aspects of go-to-market strategy and execution. You will be an expert on the cyber security market and buyers and will take this knowledge and combine it with an understanding of cyber security technologies to create clear, differentiated messaging. You will work in collaboration with the marketing and sales organisations to drive the direction of all communications and campaign activities to ensure they are reaching our buyers and resonating with them.
- 2+ years product marketing experience with a cybersecurity company
- Worked in collaboration with corporate and demand marketing to be their SME resource
- Experience performing desk research and commissioning third-party research
- Data driven. Ability to analyse data to drive go-to-market decisions.
- Deep understanding of cyber security buyers and markets
- Demonstrable ability to understand complex technologies and articulate them as tangible benefits/value propositions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to create compelling narratives and stories centred around buyer needs
- Experience creating in-depth messaging and briefing documents to drive content
- Hands-on writing skills including blogs, datasheets, solution guides, etc
- Experience translating narratives into compelling PowerPoint decks
- Performed sales enablement and support. Created tools and ran training sessions
- Hands-on team player with strong organizational skills and ability to set and track goals
- Understanding of and working with technology channel partners (channel experience a plus)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night, etc.)
- Pension scheme
- Vitality Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.