IT Operations Placement 2020 / Internal Infrastructure Support
We are offering the exceptional opportunity for two undergraduates to take part in a 12-month placement in our IT Operations team as part of your university degree based in our London offices commencing in Summer 2020.
We are offering the opportunity to join our Operations team. The candidate will be an undergraduate student looking to undertake a 12-month placement in our Operations department as part of their university degree, commencing Summer 2020.
Our Placement Community consists of ambitious team players with excellent interpersonal skills and a get-up-and-go attitude. Our fast-paced growth and unique company culture welcomes new employees and inspires them to thrive.
This role will be based at Egress’ headquarters, in and amongst many other technical organisations in Old Street, London – right in Central London and a stone’s throw away from trendy Shoreditch!
The base salary for this position is £18,000 per Annum.
Responsibilities will include:
- Addressing internal support tickets made by employees
- Supporting desktop operating systems - Windows 10, Linux and Mac OS
- Supporting on-prem and cloud IT server infrastructure - Windows 2016 and Centos 7
- Troubleshooting networking and VPN issues
- Supporting all employee devices (mobile phones, laptops, desktops) as well as the IP-based office phone systems
- Supporting other internal applications – e.g. Salesforce, Zoom Video Conferencing, Office365
- Driving the onward enhancement of the Egress IT Infrastructure - by contributing to project-based work, e.g. the hardware upgrades/migration, rolling out new services
Our Internal Infrastructure (IT Internal Support) team is charged with designing, maintaining and developing our internal IT infrastructure – both on-site and cloud. Covering over 200 employees in all of our offices. The team supports a mixture of desktop operating systems, on-premise and public cloud servers and cloud-based applications such as Office365. You will report to the IT Manager/Technical Operations Manager.
- An analytical mind, and able to use tools such as Excel (for example Pivot tables) to turn data in to meaningful information to management
- A basic understanding of networking (IP addresses and DNS)
- The ability to work on complex problems, applying a logical investigative approach to solving problems
- Good communication skills to work in remote teams
- A basic knowledge of scripting (e.g. Bash or Powershell)
- A basic knowledge of operating system administration (Windows and/or Linux)
This role is suited to a current second year Computer Science/Electrical engineering (or related subject) student with a solid technical background in desktop applications and networking, who has a strong desire to succeed and pursue a career in Internal Infrastructure Support. We seek candidates who thrive on challenges and constantly seek to extend their technical portfolio.
To protect the wellbeing of our employees, our company policy states that all employees must live within a 90-minute commute or be willing to relocate for the year.
How can I apply?
If you think you could be our next IT Operations Placement Student, please send us your CV and accompanying Cover Letter. Please note that applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Monday 25th May 2020.
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices was recognised at the Rate My Placement 2018 National Undergraduate Employability Awards, where we were shortlisted for the 'Best Small to Medium-sized Employer'.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- 25 days annual leave
- Rooftop Bar
- Monthly Fully-funded Office Socials e.g. Trampolining, Bowling, Sports Day, Pub Quizzes, etc.
- Invite to our Annual Employee Team Building Event – overnight trip away to a UK resort, all meals and accommodation paid for
- Pool League
- Friday Beer O’Clock
- Internal Recognition Scheme
- Charity Events
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Discounted gym scheme
- Free Eyecare Vouchers
- Company Sports Teams
- Cycle to Work Discount Scheme
- Access to running track on the rooftop of the White Collar Factory
- RAC Discounted Breakdown Cover
- White Collar Factory Office Perks e.g. Discounted Theatre and Concert Tickets
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.