Our Diversity and Belonging Forum is for everyone - just like our workplace
IT Operations Engineer
This role is ideally suited to someone with a solid technical background in desktop applications and networking, who has a strong desire to succeed and pursue a career in IT Operations.
Egress Software Technologies is an award-winning provider of encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information via a single platform. Egress encryption services are currently used by organisations around the world across multiple sectors.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, driven individuals to join our IT Operations team.
What would I be doing as a IT Operations Engineer?
The team is charged with designing, maintaining and developing our internal IT infrastructure – both on-site and cloud. Covering over 300+ employees in six physical offices in London, Sheffield, Cheltenham, Boston, New York and Toronto. The IT team supports a mixture of Windows and Linux, both desktop and server platforms, predominately using Microsoft Azure services. For desktop applications our users have a range of cloud services including Office365, Salesforce, Zoom etc.
You will report to our Head of Operations and be based in our Sheffield office. This role is ideally suited to someone with a solid technical background in desktop applications and networking, who has a strong desire to succeed and pursue a career in IT Operations. We seek candidates who thrive on challenges and constantly seek to extend their technical portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Resolving internal support tickets generated by UK and North American employees
- Roll out regular laptop updates
- Patch and maintain IT server infrastructure
- Administer cloud services such as Microsoft Office365 and Salesforce
- Supporting on-prem applications such as Bitdefender and PDQ
- Troubleshooting networking and VPN issues at the desktop, between Egress offices and our Azure infrastructure
- Supporting all devices (mobile phones, laptops, desktops) as well as the IP-based office phone systems
- Project based work enhancing Egress IT Infrastructure
- Be a local site contact for IT and Security in Sheffield
Would I suit this role?
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn about a range of different technologies, who enjoys engaging with people and problem solving.
The core skills required:
- Experience of supporting operating systems: Microsoft Windows 10/2016/2019
- Experience in provisioning users in Active Directory
- Experience in maintaining and optimising Office 365
- Patching and upgrading Windows using Deployment Services
- The ability to use initiative, work accurately and effectively at a fast pace
- Strong time management skills, and ability to prioritise based on impact and urgency
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
In addition, any of the following skills and experience are desirable:
- Experience in administrating and supporting Linux
- Cisco networking and security products
- Microsoft Azure services
- Automation of deployment using tools like Terraform
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme
3 Digital Campus,
- 020 3987 9666
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus. It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.