Information Security Placement 2020
We are offering an exceptional opportunity for an undergraduate to take part in a 12-month placement in our Information Security and Compliance team as part of your university degree based in our London office commencing in Summer 2021.
Egress Software Technologies is now looking for a new Information Security Placement!
Position: Information Security Placement
Location: White Collar Factory, Old Street, London
Role Requirements: Second Year Undergraduate Student at a UK-based University, predicted a 2:1 or above in a computer security or related degree
Duration: 12 months, commencing Summer 2021
Salary: £18,000 per Annum
Who are Egress?
Our vision is for a connected world in which people communicate efficiently and securely. To achieve this, we provide human layer security to protect individual users and stop breaches before they happen. Our patented technologies are built using leading-edge contextual machine learning and powerful encryption that mitigate modern risks in ways that other solutions simply can’t achieve. Today, we provide intelligent email security and collaboration solutions that prevent accidental and intentional breaches, protect sensitive data, and equip CISOs and their teams with the detailed reporting required for compliance purposes.
Egress is headquartered in London, with regional offices in the UK, the US, Canada and the Netherlands.
Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices has been recognised at The National Undergraduate Employability Awards, where we have been shortlisted four years in a row for the ‘Best Small to Medium-sized Employer’.
Our Placement community consists of ambitious team players with excellent interpersonal skills and a get-up-and-go attitude. Our fast-paced growth and unique company culture welcomes new employees and inspires them to thrive.
What would I be doing as Information Security Placement?
The Egress Placement Program is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to take their first steps in a security or compliance-based role in a software-based IT Security organisation. As part of your 12-month placement you will be part of our Information Security team where you will get a wide-range of experience supporting all roles and functions across the whole of Egress and its varied and demanding customer base, covering the public, financial and professional services sectors.
If successful, you would be helping to develop, maintain and manage effective cyber security operations. You will be helping to produce and manage ISO27001:2013 document sets and other policies and processes as required.
Egress are looking for a talented, innovative student who is interested in technology and information security to join our Information Security team. You would report directly to the Director of Security & Compliance and work closely with teams across the whole business, providing security guidance on best practice and compliance; developing a culture where security is at the heart of everything we do.
The role will involve the following:
- Producing documentation and carrying out internal audits - to ensure we stay compliant to relevant security certifications.
- Helping to maintain compliance across Egress’ offices - travel may be required.
- Partaking in security risk assessments - helping to produce an action plan and reporting on progress to the InfoSec team.
- Provide support for the operation and maintenance of our ISMS - this includes, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Assist the team with all ISMS tasks
- Deliver and manage Information Security Awareness Training, including GDPR
- Partake in the annual review of ISMS policies and writing new ones if requiredIdentify Information Security goals to meet business requirements
- Risk assessments and mitigation
- Monitor internal and external threats and provide mitigation solutions
- Management and monitoring of controls to ensure that they are fully and correctly implemented
- Management of information security incidents, including review and lessons learnt
- Creating weekly and monthly reports for the senior teams.
- Defining and reporting on security KPIs.
- Assisting with internal security awareness training.
Who is Egress looking for?
This position is suitable for a second-year student based at a UK University who is working towards a 2:1 in a computer security or related degree.
We understand you might not know everything about information security quite yet, but we are looking for innovative, talented individuals who are interested in information security, are keen to learn, with an interest in pursuing a career in a similar role.
We are looking for people with a good understanding of technology, with a passion for security. You will possess a natural communication style, with the ability to work well with Egress colleagues and external stakeholders. We also need you to have a good natural writing style, are able to organise and prioritise effectively, and can work well in a team but also independently.
Any knowledge to the following concepts would be desirable:
- ISMS - its purpose, what it consists of and how it functions
- NCSC’s Cloud Security Principles
- Secure email services
- Cloud-hosted solutions
- Awareness of:
- ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System (to promote Egress’ ISMS to an ISQMS)
- ISO27017:2015 Code of Practice for information security controls for cloud services
- ISO27018:2014 Code of Practice for protection of PII in public clouds (to align with all our host providers)
To protect the wellbeing of our employees, our company policy states that all employees must live within a 90-minute commute or be willing to relocate for the year.
The role will be based at Egress’ headquarters in Old Street, London. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented a number of working from home measures at Egress. Pre-pandemic, every Egress office was a fantastic place to work. Now, with remote working the ‘new normal’, we’ve made sure that we’ve kept the great office atmosphere, wherever you’re working. Weekly all staff calls, our new ‘Home Working Legend of the Week’ award, and regular giveaways mean the Egress culture is definitely still in full flow.
How can I apply?
If you think you could be our next Information Security Placement Student, please send us your CV and accompanying Cover Letter by clicking the ‘Apply now’.
Please note that applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is 18th January 2021
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.
|IT Operations Placement 2020 **London and Sheffield**||Operations||London||01 February 2021|
|IT Operations Engineer||Operations||Boston||28 February 2021|
|Graduate Platform Engineer||Operations||Boston||28 February 2021|