Our Diversity and Belonging Forum is for everyone - just like our workplace.
Head/Director of Quality Assurance
Join our Quality Assurance team in London
Head/Director of Quality Assurance
Egress is a market leader in security and encryption software, providing award winning data security solutions to a range of clients - from small to large enterprise level organisations in both the private and public sectors. In the last 3 years, we have developed from a small company with big ideas, to having a multi-award-winning status, a headcount of over 250 people and multiple offices across the UK and North America.
Our ever-expanding delivery team play a vital part in the continuous success of Egress. You will join our UK based team to head up our Quality Assurance function. As a company we have had over 10 years of success in this space and are regarded as a market leader in the services we offer.
The delivery team is responsible for the design, development and delivery of all our software solutions based on feature requirements from the Product team, bug fixes from the Support team and performance/reliability improvements from the QA team.
The team is made up of product focused teams with embedded developer and quality assurance engineers structured under senior leadership under Egress CTO.
- Drive the entire QA function within Egress (functional, non-functional, end to end, and deployment)
- Devises and directs all QA activities including planning and implementing team structure as well as staffing and training of the QA teams.
- Establishes, tracks and is held accountable for quality of the software products.
- Reports to the CTO on a weekly basis regarding progress and issues
- Ensures all subordinate QA team members develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of the complete Egress Product and Services portfolio, especially with relevance to the assurance of quality.
- Provides advice and guidance to direct reports who have management responsibilities themselves, ensuring they are attentive to their own team members, especially completing regular reviews in a timely manner.
- Assists team members where required to ensure quality is maintained and deadline delays avoided.
- Oversees the recruitment process of new team members, and in conjunction with the CTO and Director of Software Development.
Heads of/Directors manage a significant departmental sub function or a group of departments within a broader corporate function. Integrates functional strategies and develops specific objectives for the area of control. Develops policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Manages through subordinate managers working collaboratively and mentoring them, as necessary. Possesses a broad knowledge of all areas within the particular Corporate sub-function or departments.
- At least seven years of QA experience in fast growing development companies
- Thorough knowledge of QA toolsets, processes, and procedures
- End to end cross application testing experience.
- Track record of improvement to QA teams
- Demonstrable examples of coaching/mentoring direct reports or more junior colleagues.
- A clear track record of career progression in all new roles/companies
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme