Graduate Platform Engineer
Join our Operations team in Boston
Graduate Platform Engineer
Egress are currently looking to hire a recent graduate from a; Computer Networks, Computer Science, Computing or similar degree to work as part of our Platform team in Boston.
The Platform Engineer is a vital part of Operations team, working with Architects and the Development team to drive Egress’s continuous deployment strategy. You help the infrastructure that keeps Egress moving, relying heavily on cloud services.
Alongside being a strong advocate for digital solutions and approaches across the department, you will need to manage the support of development teams in configuring applications for development.
You’ll need a basic understanding of Linux OS or Windows OS. You’ll also follow a structured development programme to develop skills in the following areas
What You’ll Learn...
- Ubuntu and Centos (or Redhat) Linux, Windows
- Server deployment automation (terraform/cloud formation)
- Server configuration management (puppet/chef/salt/ansible)
- Cloud Services – Azure & AWS
- Powershell, Python & other scripting languages
- Email protocol/standards DMARC/DKIM/SPF
- Active Directory site design/management
- Network Security & Network Management
- MongoDB, MS SQL, other open source databases
- IIS (web/SMTP)
- Barracuda firewalls
What You’ll Do...
- Help to improve and standardise operational requirements across products (e.g, logging, application telemetry)
- Work with development on application architecture to increase operational availability, resilience, supportability and scalability.
- Support the VP of architecture to drive standardisation in development for operational efficiencies
- Research and provide guidance on cloud native technologies
- Ensure that security is built in to design and development
- Ensure that quality is built in to operational initiatives
What our team say…
“The Platform Engineering team at Egress play a pivotal role in providing deployment and support for infrastructure hosted in the cloud. This ranges from creating infrastructure diagrams to writing infrastructure as code and deploying pipelines for applications.”
“We are responsible for maintaining a fleet of over 1000 VMs and other cloud resources spread across Azure, AWS and other providers. We use tools like Terraform and Salt to automate the deployment of infrastructure and software whenever possible.”
“Our team play one of the most vital roles within the company, the developers need a platform to be able to host their applications safely and without the PET (Platform Engineering Team) that platform wouldn’t exist.
“We are highly flexible, adaptable and pivotal to the success of the organisation with close relationships to technical services, developers, senior management and more.”
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- Charity events
- Monthly staff socials funded by the company
- Annual fully-funded company Kick Off events
- An additional day of annual leave after your first year
- Flexible dress code
- Management / peer recognition schemes
- White Collar Factory perks including rooftop bar and running track
- Beer o'clock
- Pool league
- Free eye-care vouchers on completion of probation
- Free breakfasts
- Free fruit
- Fully-funded BUPA private health cover on completion of probation
- Discounted gym membership
- Company sports teams
- Cycle to work (discounted bike and equipment) scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- WCF discounts
- £2000 employee referral scheme
- RAC discounted breakdown cover
- Rush hair discount
- Contributory pension scheme (ER: 4%)
- BUPA perks
- Egress Perks portal (retail discount scheme)
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EPI) stock option scheme after 1 year's service