Graduate Platform Engineer
Join our Operations team in Boston
Graduate Platform Engineer
Egress are currently looking to hire a recent graduate from a; Computer Networks, Computer Science, Computing or similar degree to work as part of our Platform team in Boston.
The Platform Engineer is a vital part of Operations team, working with Architects and the Development team to drive Egress’s continuous deployment strategy. You help the infrastructure that keeps Egress moving, relying heavily on cloud services.
Alongside being a strong advocate for digital solutions and approaches across the department, you will need to manage the support of development teams in configuring applications for development.
You’ll need a basic understanding of Linux OS or Windows OS. You’ll also follow a structured development programme to develop skills in the following areas
What You’ll Learn...
- Ubuntu and Centos (or Redhat) Linux, Windows
- Server deployment automation (terraform/cloud formation)
- Server configuration management (puppet/chef/salt/ansible)
- Cloud Services – Azure & AWS
- Powershell, Python & other scripting languages
- Email protocol/standards DMARC/DKIM/SPF
- Active Directory site design/management
- Network Security & Network Management
- MongoDB, MS SQL, other open source databases
- IIS (web/SMTP)
- Barracuda firewalls
What You’ll Do...
- Help to improve and standardise operational requirements across products (e.g, logging, application telemetry)
- Work with development on application architecture to increase operational availability, resilience, supportability and scalability.
- Support the VP of architecture to drive standardisation in development for operational efficiencies
- Research and provide guidance on cloud native technologies
- Ensure that security is built in to design and development
- Ensure that quality is built in to operational initiatives
What our team say…
“The Platform Engineering team at Egress play a pivotal role in providing deployment and support for infrastructure hosted in the cloud. This ranges from creating infrastructure diagrams to writing infrastructure as code and deploying pipelines for applications.”
“We are responsible for maintaining a fleet of over 1000 VMs and other cloud resources spread across Azure, AWS and other providers. We use tools like Terraform and Salt to automate the deployment of infrastructure and software whenever possible.”
“Our team play one of the most vital roles within the company, the developers need a platform to be able to host their applications safely and without the PET (Platform Engineering Team) that platform wouldn’t exist.
“We are highly flexible, adaptable and pivotal to the success of the organisation with close relationships to technical services, developers, senior management and more.”
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programs with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Friday breakfast club
- Flexible dress code
- Wide variety of health insurance plan options
- Dental cover and vision plan
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Complimentary snacks, cold brew coffee on tap and soft drinks available
- 20 days annual leave
- 401 (K) with company contributions of 3%
- £2,000 ($ Equivalent) employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- TriNet benefits portal and pre-tax commuter benefits