Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
In our Cheltenham office, we are searching for someone to work as a cyber threat analyst. The role of cyber analyst covers a broad range of exciting tasks and deliverables.
- Reviewing, understanding and reverse engineering attacks and technologies.
- Proactively interact and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to drive tactical and strategic direction.
- Detail oriented individual that enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced environment.
- Assisting and empowering Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering with the latest cyber threats and your expertise.
- Highlighting trends and thinking outside the box.
As a graduate Cyber Threat Analyst, you will be responsible for researching and exploring current and historic attack vectors (both in email and broader vectors) to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders with various levels of expertise. The team also drive the business in their understanding of the fast-moving cyber landscape and how we can best protect our customers from sophisticated attacks and crimes as a service.
This role is a full-time, permanent position, based in our Cheltenham Office with flexibility of hybrid home working.
This role is perfect for you if you have a passion for cybersecurity and you thrive off getting one step ahead of malicious attackers. This role will drive forward detecting attacks in a proactive manor while advising the business and other stakeholders on broader cyber threats and directly influencing how our customers are protected. If you are keen about pushing your learning about cyber security and work with a team who is on the cutting edge of human layer security working with some of the most exciting and diverse challenges, you would fit in well.
- Strong interest in Cyber Security, particularly phishing, social engineering and kill chains
- Comfortable with public speaking and covering technical elements to a range of shareholders.
- Evaluating trends and highlighting key features
- Any experience working with email or html
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to deliver creative solutions using an attacker's mindset
- Someone who is driven and wants to learn and push the boundaries as part of a highly motivated team
- Fundamentals in python or other coding languages
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and have not let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we cannot promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.