Egress is a market leader in security and encryption software, providing award winning data security solutions to a range of clients - from small to large enterprise level organisations in both the private and public sectors. In the last 4 years, we have developed from a small company with big ideas, to having a multi-award-winning status, a headcount of over 300 people and multiple offices across the UK and North America.
Our ever-expanding delivery team play a vital part in the continuous success of Egress. You will join our global team to work a talented group of engineers, all committed to building world-class solutions. As a company we have had over 10 years of success in this space and are regarded as a market leader in the services we offer.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to build and lead a team of QA engineers to create new technology and products for our customers. You will partner with product and management to help build and deliver on a roadmap that meets the company goals. If you are looking for an opportunity to solve new technical problems, grow and develop a talented team, and innovate with technology in a fast-paced environment with smart, passionate engineers, keep reading!
What you will do:
- Hire, mentor and develop talented engineers. People development is a key part of the role.
- Grow and lead a high performing team of software engineers ensuring software design, development, test and deployment best practices are followed
- Be comfortable building relationships in an asynchronous, remote, distributed culture.
- Work with the team to develop a technical roadmap for your business domain and ensure strategic engineering work is appropriately prioritised alongside product deliverables
- Partner and collaborate with product management to help define the product strategy and roadmap and ensure the team understand the strategy, expected outcome and the value of the work
- Take delivery accountability for the core functionality, service infrastructure and architecture in your domain
- Have the freedom and encouragement to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers.
What you need:
- 3+ years experience managing a team of QA engineers within a fast-growing organisation.
- 5+ years hands-on experience working with QA engineering teams building products at scale.
- Desire and passion for growing and developing software engineers.
- Ability to manage remote engineers and be comfortable with remote colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to change and work with some level of ambiguity
- Knowledge of service-oriented development, micro-service architecture principles, and continuous development/continuous integration best practices.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Be bold, Be a bar-raiser, Own it, and Do the right thing run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.