Data Protection Officer
We’re looking for an open-minded individual with a genuine love of data protection, who can think innovatively and see the opportunity here for both career and personal development working for a high-growth company as Data Protection Officer.
We’re looking for an open-minded individual with a genuine love of data protection, who can think innovatively and see the opportunity here for both career and personal development working for a high-growth company. Reporting day-to-day into our Group General Counsel, this individual will work alongside internal stakeholders (e.g. development, operations, sales, and InfoSec) and play a pivotal role in driving our global compliance function – helping to deliver our culture where the protection of data is at the heart of our business.
Responsibilities will include:
- building on our existing compliance programme to ensure that it remains fit-for-purpose in a rapidly evolving global compliance world
- leading on the creation and ongoing review of data-related policies and standards, on effective implementation, monitoring and reporting
- identifying and conducting assessments, and embedding best practice across the Group
- management of any data privacy breaches, working to identify root causes, mitigate risks and prevent reoccurrence
- ensuring compliance by the Group and its services with regulatory and legal requirements
- providing day-to-day privacy advice, acting as single point of contact for privacy issues
- advising on strategic projects, tenders, customer and supplier contracts, product launches, development and business geographic expansion
- building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including data regulators and auditors
- horizon scanning on privacy topics and ensuring business readiness
- contribute to team development, scaling, efficiency and improvement
- leading privacy-related education and training initiatives
- management of our DPO inbox, responding to, and managing, data subject rights requests
- travel to our offices and customer presentations or negotiations may be required
- demonstrated experience in a similar role, running privacy and compliance programmes
- evidence of being a subject matter expert
- familiarity with cloud software security systems
- strong technical skills and a lateral mind, able to find solutions and assess risk
- comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to juggle priorities
- happy speaking to, and influencing at, C suite and board level
- appreciative of the opportunity to work autonomously, but able to work within a team and build strong, lasting relationships internally and externally
- ethical, pro-active, motivated and responsible, able to remain impartial
- organisational skills enabling the ability to deal with large amounts of information
- excellent verbal and written skills, able to influence
- willingness to learn and seize opportunities
- CIPP/E/M Certificate or equivalent recognised professional standard
- experience of obtaining and managing ISO and other recognised standards desirable
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities.
- 25 days annual leave
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Free breakfasts
- Gym Discount in partnership with Hussle
- Pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.