We are looking for someone to join us as a Cyber threat and intelligence analyst in our Cheltenham office. The role of cyber analyst covers a broad range of exciting tasks and deliverables.
- Reviewing, understanding and reverse engineering phishing attacks and technologies.
- Understanding and implementing broader attack vectors.
- Assisting the team to build out OSINT capabilities.
- Developing detection algorithms and extracting identifying features of phishing.
- Understanding human behaviour and communications.
- Highlighting trends and thinking outside the box
The Cyber intelligence team stays up to date with current and historic attack vectors, as well as theorizing about and developing new and novel attacks (both in email and broader vectors). Cyber intelligence team members are also responsible for developing new detection capabilities as well as improving existing algorithms. The team also drive the business in their understanding of the fast moving cyber landscape and how we can best protect our customers from sophisticated attacks and crime as a service.
We are a highly flexible team with a key focus on defeating attackers, understanding the fast-moving landscape and protecting users.
This role is perfect for you if you have a passion for cybersecurity and you thrive off of getting one step ahead of malicious attackers. This role will drive forward detecting attacks in a proactive manor while advising the business on broader cyber threats and directly influencing how our customers are protected. If you are keen about pushing your learning about cyber security and work with a team who is on the cutting edge of human layer security working with some of the most exciting and diverse challenges, you would fit in well.
- Any experience working with email or html
- Knowledge of social engineering and phishing
- Understanding of attack vectors and kill chains
- Statistical analysis skills
- Scripting/Coding Python C#
- Red team/Blue team experience
- Evaluating trends and highlighting key features
- Demonstrable experience in being able to quickly learn and adapt to new areas of technology is key
- Ability to think outside the box and/or maliciously to and deliver creative solutions.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.