This role is based within the Customer Experience team here at Egress. You will be responsible for delivering world-class support to our fast-growing email security customer base covering the public, financial and professional services sectors.
- Have an analytical mind and an ability to explain complex issues in simple terms?
- Have a passion for working with customers in a fast pace cutting edge technology environment?
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills which help you to make decisions and solve problems both as a team but also independently?
- Want to kick start your journey in cybersecurity with clear career progression?
As a Business Support Engineer, you will work with customers to support and optimise the Egress products to a high standard to achieve the best customer satisfaction (CSAT) scores. You’ll be handling and analysing all customer requests and incidents whilst working collaboratively with various internal Egress teams to ensure these are handled quickly and appropriately with the relevant teams.
- Assist business and IT administrators with using the Egress service and ensure best practice configuration via both phone and e-mail
- Maintain detailed and accurate case history while managing a queue of cases and following up as necessary with customers and internal staff
- Ensuring all requests are triaged effectively and distributed by the correct parties to ensure a swift response and resolution.
- Provide training as needed to ensure customers understand product functionality
- Engage with customers to follow-up on surveys and other feedback to ensure timely resolution of issues and identify areas for improvement.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be a logical problem solver that flexibly adjusts their methods to solve customer problems and use your knowledge to solve problems creatively
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with people from different disciplines and cultures
- Be a self-motivated and independent learner
- Can communicate effectively in different ways and to people with different levels of knowledge
- Be able to apply critical questioning to get to the root of the problem quickly
- Have a can-do attitude and show empathy for people
- Cybersecurity experience (ideal but no essential)
- Previous experience in Helpdesk or Account Managing Role (ideal but no essential)
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Pragmatic and resilient under pressure
Full training in the company’s product portfolio will be provided to you.
This is a hybrid role 3 days a week from home and Wednesdays and Thursday in our Sheffield office.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Own it, Be bold, Do the right thing, and Be a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.