Our Diversity and Belonging Forum is for everyone - just like our workplace.
Agile Delivery Lead
Join our Development team in Sheffield
This role sits within Egress’ Software Development department and will report into the Agile Delivery Manager. The Agile Delivery Lead will work closely with the software development teams as either a member of a single team, or they may be involved in the work of multiple teams, potentially across multiple products.
The Agile Delivery Lead supports the software development team, ensuring that they are motivated, collaborating and working well together. Accountable for guarding and enhancing the performance of the team, you will use your skills to focus the team on what is most important to deliver quality software against the product vision.
You’ll be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will be an excellent communicator as you will be required to liaise with all the departments responsible for operating and maintaining the products, including platform engineering, technical services, sales, and customer support.
Responsible for coaching and mentoring the software development team and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques.
The Agile Delivery Lead will work closely with Product Managers, Director of Software Development, Chief Product Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Architects, and other internal stakeholders and senior managers to ensure successful execution of our strategic choices and solution designs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operate in a skilled, multidisciplinary team with a focus on enabling the team to deliver value.
- Create the right environment for the team to succeed, helping the team to self-organise and create a culture of learning and transparency.
- Keep pace with the introduction of relevant agile/lean tools and techniques. Know which techniques to try out when, to make sure the team are getting the best out of agile.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for the product and support with translating this into user stories.
- Drive continual improvement within the development team to underpin better ways of working together.
- Encourage and motivate the team and proactively identify and remove blockers and impediments, so the team can focus on delivering quality software.
- Support the Agile Delivery Manager in identifying new process opportunities that will accelerate delivery.
- Challenge existing processes and work with people outside the team to update processes if they are slowing the team down or not adding the most value for everyone.
- Organise and facilitate daily stand-ups, planning, refinement, retrospectives, and demos.
- Prioritise the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team, ensuring the rest of the business are aware of any resource and skillset constraints.
- Ensure that expectations are aligned with regards to the goals, scope and timelines for product delivery.
- Coach Product Managers and stakeholders to appropriate levels of ownership and collaboration.
- Ensure that all risks and issues are appropriately managed in alignment to the defined agile delivery approach.
- Facilitation of release level planning across multiple teams.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency.
The Agile Delivery Lead will have the ability to:
- Absorb large amounts of detail whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- Collaborate with colleagues of all levels, with the ability to tailor communication depending on audience
- Manage conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity
- Understand end to end project and software development lifecycles along with their associated processes
- Proactively identify blockers and impediments, helping the team to overcome these as a team
- Produce project plans, capture team metrics, and other delivery documentation, when required
- Take a “hands on” approach and work closely with various stakeholders to implement new and improve existing processes
- Take ownership and pick up new and unfamiliar concepts quickly
- Identify areas of improvement to increase team performance and identify training needs
- Work independently or as part of the wider Delivery team on projects
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme
Our Sheffield office
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus. It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city centre and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.