Following effective GDPR compliance steps
Preventing data breaches in the 21st Century through GDPR compliance
Working practices have changed, but the number of data breaches continue to rise. The EU GDPR brings regulation into step with the ways people are sharing data in the 21st Century to improve data protection in organisations which handle EU citizen’s data. To comply with GDPR rules organisations need to:
- Understand the data they hold. It's crucial to know how information is stored and shared.
- Securely store citizen data. Respond quickly to Freedom of Information Requests and Subject Access Requests.
- Encrypt personal email and file data. If you can prove that data encryption is in place it can actually be a mitigating factor in case of a data breach.
- Quickly audit and gather information. Whether spotting a potential breach or managing an unfolding one, you need a full picture of events to take rapid action.
To find out more about what steps you can take to comply with the EU GDPR, please download our white paper here.
Understand the rules on GDPR data breaches
- Mandatory reporting of data breaches. Any organisation suffering a breach that risks sensitive information has 72 hours to notify authorities.
- GDPR fines and financial penalties of up to 4% annual worldwide turnover or €20m. The total cost of a data breach has skyrocketed.
- Faster responses to data requests. People have more power to find out how their data is used, and organisations need to respond quickly to data requests.
Egress provides the tools you need
With such complicated legislation it’s difficult to know where to start, but help is at hand. The Egress platform is a holistic approach to data security that helps you reach GDPR compliance:
- Egress for data classification. Classify documents with customisable policies and automation, then track shared content with document fingerprinting. Find out more about our data classification here.
- Egress for securing email and files. Encrypt emails and shared files, plus stay in control with access revocation and message restrictions. Find out how Egress' secure email service and file protection tools can help your business.
- Egress for auditing and compliance reporting. Understand how data has been shared and with whom, quickly and easily in order to meet compliance and respond to SARs. Find out more about our auditing and compliance reporting facilities here.
Learn about our Egress GDPR In A Box bundle.
Secure data throughout its lifecycle
The Egress platform secures your data from the point of its creation, to its sharing, storing and beyond, preventing all kinds of GDPR data breaches. It’s the key to effective GDPR compliance:
- Keep control of your data
- Ensure users are sharing securely
- Store data effectively whilst gaining insight
- Easily and promptly comply with requests for data
For more information please explore all of what Egress has to offer.