Technical Enablement Manager
Join our Tech Services team
About the Role
Egress Software has been on a steep growth trajectory as it continues to invest in its Human Layer Security platform. Over the last couple of years, Egress has made exciting changes including embracing artificial intelligence and machine learning to build privacy and risk management tools as close to its users as possible.
The Egress Customer Experience team is rapidly investing in its Presales, Post Sales, product Management, Customer Success and Customer Support functions. As this team grows, the Technical Enablement Manager will navigate the complexities of the AL/ML/Cybersecurity landscapes to develop excellent internal enablement programs. In collaboration with Product Management, Product Development, and Sales, they will ensure that Egresses’ Customer Experience team has the knowledge, content, and to ramp quickly and maximize revenue, customer success, and adoption.
The Technical Enablement Manager will have a massive impact by:
- Working with leadership to prioritize and implement an enablement plan within the first 90 days.
- Developing curriculum and programs that improve the productivity of our technical staff.
- Designing hands-on and virtual workshops including managing logistics, creating presentations, lesson plans, activities, and labs collaboratively and independently.
- Deconstruct complex ML/AI/Cybersecurity ecosystems and new technologies to develop training for audiences of varying technical background.
- Build eLearning content to support the online delivery of hybrid curriculum.
- Working with Product Management and Product Development to keep up to date with a fast-evolving platform, product, messaging, product capabilities, and new processes.
- Engaging with the Egress technical community by leading workshops, seminars, and onboarding sessions.
The ideal Technical Enablement Manager will have experience in:
- Developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content.
- Deploying and managing learning management and knowledge base systems (LMS).
- Teaching multi-day, in-person technical classes.
- Grasping, and explaining advanced technical concepts
- Customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture, or consulting roles.
- Working with open source or cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme