Join our Development team
Egress Software Technologies provides industry and government-certified encryption services that give you choice and control over how you securely share sensitive information. Whether sending information via email or large file transfer, or collaborating on confidential documents, the Egress portfolio of products offers flexibility over deployment and user federation, choice over how users send and receive information, and control over how recipients handle the data shared with them.
We work with large email and file sharing datasets to provide risk-assessments to users in real time by leveraging Machine Learning approaches. Data Engineering and Data Science are an increasingly important part of what we do, and we are now seeking to build out our dedicated Data Engineering capability to support these efforts and further develop our Egress Data Platform based on Azure Databricks.
We’re happy to offer remote working with 2 days a month in the office once reopened.
About the role
This is a cross functional and collaborative role, working closely with our Development and Science & Innovation teams, as well as our Data Architect and Data Protection Officer. You will help to maintain and deliver data and machine learning pipelines supporting our Egress Analytics reporting product, as well as exciting new AI/ML functionality to help customers share information safely. You will bring experience and expertise in contemporary cloud-based data engineering approaches to Egress, and play a key role in developing the Egress Data Platform.
- Experience with Apache Spark and related technologies (Hive, Spark, Azure Databricks)
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Azure Event Hubs and Kafka.
- Solid SQL knowledge with experience interrogating data from large relational databases/data lakes.
- Software development experience associated with data manipulation & processing (Python, Scala).
- Solid understanding of the Microsoft database and BI stack (Azure Synapse, Azure SQL, MS SQL)
- Familiarity with pipeline orchestration engines such as Airflow and Dagster.
- Extensive experience in data architectures and concepts.
- Microsoft Azure data integration experience with Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory and Polybase, or AWS equivalents.
- Experience in cloud based deployment practices eg Azure DevOps.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecyles.
- Experience working with data scientists and software engineers.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme