Join our Customer Experience team in Boston
Egress Software Technologies is the leading provider of encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information. We are going through a period of rapid expansion and the chosen candidate will be joining at an exciting time for the business.
We seek an ambitious project management professional with excellent organisational, planning and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on practitioner with between five to ten years’ experience of project managing the delivery of IT projects, where at least two have involved projects that provided exposure to the full development lifecycle, including requirements capture.
To manage the delivery of Egress solutions into existing and new business customers.
Where required, act as the ongoing Egress point of contact for those customers. (A high degree of customer-interfacing will be part of the job.)
To maintain the client relationship utilising appropriate project management methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile) and processes, to steer the successful delivery of all product implementations.
The projects will be a mixture of high value extensive product deliveries (where a customer has purchased the full range of Egress products) to lower-value single product deliveries.
- Understand the customer’s objectives and success criteria and set expectations.
- Ensure the project delivery plan supports the delivery of all aspects required to realise the customer’s defined business outcomes and takes into account an awareness of all the customer’s responsibilities and activities, i.e. such as those around their technical and business change processes.
- Adapt Egress’ project delivery framework/approach and documentation to meet the needs of the project.
- Manage the ongoing delivery of the project through the governance structure agreed with the customer, e.g:
- Milestone delivery tracking against plan
- Project updates/status reports
- Formal observance of customer sign-offs and stage gates where appropriate.
- Manage scope on the project and ensure scope changes follow the defined approval process.
- Ensure risks to the successful delivery of the project have been identified and mitigation plans put in place.
- Create and maintain RAID logs and manage the escalation of issues.
- Co-ordinate logistics and follow up on action points assigned to both Egress and customer personnel.
- Track and drive timely completion of work outstanding. Monitor progress and take the relevant action.
- Maintain the project within the agreed budget.
- Track and report on time expended against customer projects by Egress personnel, including engineer utilisation.
- Assist with the smooth transition into operational support and business usage.
- Work closely with the Director of Delivery Management to continuously monitor the effectiveness of the overall customer experience.
- Support colleagues where appropriate, so that costs are reduced, quality maintained and value delivered at all times.
- Participate in regular status meetings with partners and various Egress colleagues across the business at all levels to provide updates on customer deployment activity.
- Where required, support pre-sales bids in order to explain Egress’ project delivery approach and create statements-of-work, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of successfully delivering IT projects end-to-end.
- Experience of project planning tools and methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills (including, for example, the ability to run client workshops of any size)
- Able to work independently with little direction and tight deadlines.
- Able to put administrative structure and organisation in place on new or existing projects.
- Able to line manage a team of project managers if required.
- Professional, honest, reliable, resilient, pro-active, detailed, diligent.
- Quality conscious.
- Ambition: Passionate to succeed and continuously improve.
- Accountable: Holds self responsible for project outcomes.
- Self-starter and self-learner.
- Adaptable: Able to manage change effectively/respond well to change.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities in an effective manner.
- Decisive: Able to analyse information and make good decisions in ambiguous or challenging situations, but know when to escalate and/or seek help/advice from senior colleagues.
- Willing to participate as a full team member to contribute to meeting the team’s objectives.
- Able to build and maintain open and collaborative relationships.
Candidates will have a distinct advantage if they:
- Have experience of working for suppliers of IT solutions.
- Have experience of working in a B2B technical environment incorporating SAAS / Cloud solutions.
- Possess formal Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM, Prince 2), and have had exposure to Agile Project Management techniques.
- Have experience of line management and/or performance management.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programs with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Friday breakfast club
- Flexible dress code
- Wide variety of health insurance plan options
- Dental cover and vision plan
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Complimentary snacks, cold brew coffee on tap and soft drinks available
- 20 days annual leave
- 401 (K) with company contributions of 3%
- £2,000 ($ Equivalent) employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- TriNet benefits portal and pre-tax commuter benefits