Mobile QA Engineer
Join our QA team in Sheffield
Tell me a bit about your team?
The Mobile team are responsible for the development of the Egress Secure Email and Egress Secure Workspace mobile products across iOS and Android. A key focus of our QA function this year is to improve our automation frameworks, removing the need for repetitive manual testing and increasing the number of releases.
What roles do you have available?
All of our QA engineers are embedded into product development teams and are responsible for a wide range of testing activities, including but not limited to manual, automation, performance, security and resiliency testing. Our teams are strongly focussed on DevOps methodologies and our QA Engineers can build test environments and CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps.
What do you bring to the party?
You are an engineer who is passionate about testing apps and analytics, obsessed with both finding and solving problems, and keenly focused on delivering high quality to customers.
- 2-5 years of software testing or development experience
- Proven experience in testing mobile apps, background in QA methodologies and thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Familiarity with CI (e.g.Azure DevOps), and test automation tools (e.g. Selenium or Appium using C#) is a big plus
- ISTQB testing certification and experience in Agile processes (SCRUM) is a plus
For this position you may work either at our Sheffield office or remotely.
Egress is a market leader in intelligent, human-layer data security. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS security vendors in the world - with our tech recently winning 'Security Innovation of the Year' year at the UK IT Industry Awards.
We secure 75,000,000 emails daily, over 5 million people use our software, and we have we have over 1,000 enterprise clients. We are not only well-established, but also very well-funded - allowing us to become one of the most successful security vendors in the world.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience for now. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We have replaced our monthly paid for social activities with equally entertaining virtual ones. We can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we had in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme
Our Sheffield office
About our Sheffield office
Our Sheffield office is conveniently located in the centre of the city's new and growing digital campus. It's a short walk from Sheffield train station, and a shorter walk to Sheffield city center and Sheffield Hallam's university campus.