Customer Marketing Manager
Join our Marketing team in London
Customer Marketing Manager
The Customer Marketing Manager will help Marketing leadership develop a fully functioning Customer Marketing program designed to strengthen customer advocacy and increase revenue from the existing customer base.
The Customer Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of customer marketing programs that will strengthen customer satisfaction as well as drive demand for additional services. These customer programs include, but are not limited to, the advocacy program (references, referrals), customer events/conference, customer content creation (case studies, customer videos, etc.), and the coordination of strategic communications.
A major focus of this role will be the development and maintenance of the customer advocacy program to ensure our clients attain the highest level of customer satisfaction and involvement within our client community. Additionally, the role will oversee Account-based demand generation programs designed to help account teams cross-sell/up-sell new services to new targeted buyers within an existing account. As a customer marketing expert, you will become deeply familiar with our customer lifecycle and drive an integrated customer marketing program.
Customer Marketing Strategy/Program
- Partner with marketing leaders to design, grow, and promote the Customer Marketing program.
- This person will gain an understanding of the customer journey—from onboarding to advocacy—and create an appropriately aligned strategy through collaboration with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Focus on supporting customer marketing programs including community management, content asset development, event support, pipeline management, and interfacing with other key teams internally.
- Work strategically and tactically to design, execute and measure customer marketing programs and campaigns across all specific teams and regions.
- Stay abreast of best practice in the areas of content, communication and demand gen execution as they relate to customer marketing programs.
- Manage and maintain customer advocacy programs, ensure systems and processes are fully functional.
- Develop and manage customer councils/advisory boards for key customer segments. Includes structure, recruiting, and management of live and virtual meetings.
- Develop and manage strategic customer marketing events, including a company customer-conference, user groups, and CAB meetings.
- Design and manage process for public and internal customer references, including the development of a centralized database. On-board customer references into Lionbridge’s customer reference program including documenting customers’ willingness to support various reference activities
- Create and support revenue growth through Account-based Marketing strategies, leveraging all applicable demand generation tactics including, email, digital, events, and field.
- Oversee the creation of account-specific content necessary to drive ABM programs.
- Develop customer content, collaborating with the broader marketing team and external vendors to support on customer success stories, press releases, videos, blog postings, and other highly visible programs
- Monitor and manage customer communication calendar to mitigate database fatigue
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Operations to ensure customer database hygiene and completeness
- Create strong relationships with internal teams – including Sales, Content Marketing, and Solution/Product Marketing – to align marketing programs.
- Set and track key metrics and upsell targets
Critical Success Factors/KPIs
- Participation in customer advocacy programs (councils/advisory boards) by targeted customers
- Growth rates from ABM programs in alignment with campaign targets
- Pipeline impact and influence from ABM programs
- Sustained brand loyalty amongst customer marketing program participants
- Increase in positive internal perception regarding Marketing’s contribution
- 5-7 years of customer marketing experience
- Experience supporting and enhancing customer marketing programs
- B2B marketing experience within a technology company
- Demonstrated experience with marketing programs and project management
- Works well under pressure and consistently meets deadlines
- Highly effective communicator – both verbal and written
- Highly organized and customer service oriented
- Must have extensive knowledge using marketing automation systems
- Experience using CRM for reporting (SFDC preferred)
- Quick learner – self-motivated
- Experience working with a diverse global marketing team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, business or other related field. MBA preferred.
- Travel required – up to 20%
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.
Egress Software Technologies Limited – 12th Floor, The White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF, UK. Company number 06393598.
- Regular charity events and fundraisers
- Monthly socials paid for by the company
- Annually fully funded company kickoff
- Management / peer recognition programmes with rewards
- Regular employee personal development and training reviews
- Flexible dress code
- Social pool league
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Free breakfast, fruit and all the coffee you can drink
- Fully funded private medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 26 after your first year in the business
- Contributory pension scheme
- £2,000 employee referral scheme
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock option scheme
- Egress perks portal and retail discount scheme
Our London office
About our London office
Our London office is situated a one-minute walk from Old Street underground station, right on London's renowned Old Street Roundabout, which has become the centre of the city's tech industry over the last decade.