Secure online file sharing, syncing and collaborating
Offering end-to-end data protection without compromising easy editing and sharing
- Switch Secure Workspace helps users to share files and collaborate effectively on information and projects, whilst ensuring data is kept secure at all times.
As well as offering secure file sharing, online document editing and PDF annotation, Switch Secure Workspace can be accessed at the desktop or in Microsoft Office to easily store and retrieve sensitive data. Save email attachments straight to a zone or open sensitive documents directly in Office from secure cloud storage that is based where you want.
- Improve efficiency
- Avoid data silos and system complexity
- Reduce costs
- Protect against data loss and security breaches
- Meet necessary compliance and regulatory requirements
Total control over shared information
Maintain information security during online project management
- Switch Secure Workspace provides highly flexible granular permissions for individual users, ensuring only intended recipients can access and edit shared information
- Simplify project management
- Documents and data never leave your control, regardless of collaboration requirements
- Add or remove users from a secure workspace at any point throughout the collaborative lifecycle
- Control which file types can be uploaded, extending the internal management and assurance over the information being shared from within an organization’s network
- Includes read-only and rights management control
- Share files from within a workspace or at the desktop using a secure link that offers real-time control, including the ability to revoke a user’s access
Real-time online document editing
Keep sensitive data secure when collaborating online
- Use Switch Secure Workspace to securely save documents you're working on in Office or received in Outlook
- Seamless integration with Office and Outlook means documents are stored securely in the cloud while always being accessible immediately at the desktop
- Edit collaboratively online and use tracked changes, version control and sophisticated user permissions to maintain full visibility and control over all edits made
- Create open or closed communities of users who can securely share files and work together on joint projects, from anywhere, protected by sophisticated encryption and user permission management
- Online PDF annotation helps users markup, comment and collaborate on PDF documents
Sophisticated yet simple document management
Secure team file sharing with role-based security
- Detailed auditing and reporting
Each individual secure workspace offers detailed auditing and reporting, including the dates and times that users access, download, upload and annotate files. This information can be exported to meet compliance and regulatory rules.
- Role-based security
System administrators can remain in control of their users and their content at all times. These individual user permissions can be altered throughout the lifecycle of shared information as projects develop, and extend to online editing functionality to maintain security over ongoing projects.
Switch Secure Workspace overview
Switch Secure Workspace is a secure collaboration and file sharing tool that combines end-to-end data protection with sophisticated authentication and key management. Data is also encrypted at rest, providing maximum levels of assurance. The high levels of encryption and stringent access controls mean users and administrators always remain in control over sensitive information they share. The diagram here displays a technical overview of the Switch Secure Workspace infrastructure, showing how shared data is protected while at rest and in transit. There are various hosting options available for the encrypted data storage, and key and policy management system, as well as Switch Secure Workspace itself.
Integration with the desktop and MS Office
Using the Switch Desktop Client enables the storing and retrieving of documents to and from Switch Secure Workspace. Using the simple menu, users can open documents that are stored in zone directly into MS Office, and also save new documents into a specific zone. In Outlook, users can save received attachments direct to a zone, as well as add files from a zone straight into an email.
Send documents on your desktop to a zone to benefit from the secure cloud storage that Switch Secure Workspace provides, with the added bonus of being able to chose where the data resides.
Roles and permissions
Switch Secure Workspace features highly flexible roles and permissions functionality, providing huge customisation potential. Roles and permissions are what define a user's ability to access secure data on Switch Secure Workspace, and controls what they can do with the data. For example, roles can restrict users from downloading content onto their own devices, keeping any editing work inside the secure workspace. Roles can also be given on a workspace by workspace basis, if a user needs full access permissions for data in on workspace but should only be able to view content in another workspace. External users can be assigned a role when they sign up to access shared sensitive data, giving them only the permissions they require to view the content, hence keeping sensitive data in the owner's complete control at all times.
Switch Secure Workspace is one of the only products to provide the ability to mark-up PDF documents online, within a secure environment, with no download required. Many organisations have requirements to work with PDFs as it provides tamper-proof security when sharing important, sensitive documents with other parties. With Switch Secure Workspace you can combine this security with the ability to prevent downloads, keep detailed audit logs and completely control what third parties are able to see and do with the sensitive data. Private annotation functionality means users can also comment on documents privately, as well as being able to make public annotations viewable by other users. Switch Secure Workspace uses Adobe standards for mark-up, strikethrough and highlight of PDF content, meaning if a user has permission to download the PDF document, any public annotations will be included in the PDF and available offline. This is an essential feature for organizations such as legal firms, healthcare organizations and anyone needing provide the highest security levels without compromising the ability to work together on sensitive information such as contracts, case files and legal agreements.
- Secures data at rest and in transit using AES-256 bit encryption
- Utilises FIPS 140-2 certified libraries
- Secure authentication and user enrolment
- CESG CPA Foundation Grade encryption product
- CESG Pan Government Accreditation
- ISO 27001:2013 accredited
- Cyber Essentials Plus certified
- Skyhigh Cloud Trust™ rating of Enterprise-Ready
- Uses data centres accredited to ISO 27001/9001
- Listed under Cyber Security Supplier to Government Scheme
- Patent protected (GB 0806429.7 | US12/353,390 | GB 0907665.4)
- Enterprise file sync and share - secure shared data regardless of file size
- Real-time document creation and online editing
- Detailed audits and reports so you can track who is accessing your data
- Free for your third parties to use
- Real-time control over what a recipient can do with shared content, including date and time restrictions
- Flexible secure access across desktop and mobile devices
- Take decision-making away from end-users by enforcing centralized data protection policies including content control and sharing rules
- No infrastructure required to implement
- Brand in line with corporate guidelines
- Enhanced efficiency and cost saving by reducing the time taken to share data
- Role based security policies
- Secure online document view provides restricted view-only access
- Bulk import secure content from zip archives
Authentication and federation - sophisticated integration via Single Sign-on
Switch Secure Email provides single sign-on integration to support end-user adoption through seamless access to the service, no matter where it is deployed or the device being used. The Switch Client applications for desktop and mobile support single sign-on via Microsoft Active Directory using ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services). Switch Secure Email also supports the SAML v2 (Secure Assertion Mark-up Language) protocol, offering simple integration into cloud and third party single sign-on providers for unified identity management. As part of a unique licensing model, users are provided with a single global identity (Switch ID) for integrated access across the Egress Switch encryption services platform. As a result, large corporations, government bodies and single users are able to provide end-to-end encryption throughout the lifecycle of shared information.
The Switch Secure Workspace API is designed to allow systems and applications to interact with Switch Secure Workspace by making REST API calls over HTTPS. The API is designed to be supported by a simple client such as CURL, or a testing tool such as Postman. No complex queries need to be chained together in order to consume the API and get a specific job done. The API provides organizations with the flexibility to integrate Switch Secure Workspace in to all types of workflows and system processes.
Flexible system integration
Switch Secure Workspace integrates seamlessly with DMS and CMS systems, and email clients such as MS Outlook and Lotus Notes. In addition, the unique email address provided to each secure workspace enables content to be sent to the Secure File Inbox, from where it can be manually or automatically processed. This flexibility means users and groups can centralize all project files, resulting in a more efficient, more organised workflow.
Switch Secure Workspace user experience
- The Switch Secure Workspace user interface helps users to share and collaborate effectively on a range of devices, providing easy access to files and data
- A detailed audit trail provides full information about who has accessed, download or edited a document.
- Sharing workspaces, files and folders is simple, and gives the user sharing the data full control over what the new users are able to do with the data, for example, providing view-only privileges.
- Online document editing means that teams can collaborate or work simultaneously, with edits displayed in real-time. Tracked changes and commenting features allows teams to stay in touch as they complete projects. Alternatively, users can lock files for exclusive editing, giving them full control over the changes being made at any one time.
- The online editing interface is user friendly yet comprehensive, providing full MS Office functionality, giving users the power to edit Word, Powerpoint and Excel files online collaboratively. Documents are displayed with perfect fidelity.
- Comments on documents appear in real time and provide a simple way for teams to stay in touch and collaborate on documents online.
Trial The Software
We believe that using Switch for yourself is the best way to demonstrate how effective it can be. So why not contact us to set up a free software trial today?
Avidia Bank selects Egress Switch Secure Email and File Transfer to enhance secure communication with external third parties
Boston – July 2017 - Egress Software Technologies Inc., a leader in data security services, announces that Massachusetts-based Avidia Bank has selected Egress Switch Secure Email and File Transf...Read More
Featured Blog Post
Two-thirds of companies admit they should be doing more to protect sensitive information and prevent a data breach – survey reveals
Research carried out by Egress Software Technologies at Infosecurity Europe 2016, has confirmed many organisations are not currently doing enough to protect sensitive data and fear a data breach as a ...Read More
Thursday 19th January 2017, 13:00 EST – The Enemy Within: Overcoming a Company’s Greatest Security Vulnerability – Its People
It has been reported that approximately a quarter of breaches are caused by human error or employee negligence. With the increasing costs and risks associated with data breaches, we will be discussing...Read More