Automated end-to-end encryption
Efficient, cost-saving security for data sharing
- Egress Switch Secure Managed File Transfer simplifies the process of exchanging large volumes of data, providing unrivalled integration, automation, and security for file and folder transfer
In today’s complex digital world, the amount of structured and unstructured electronic data being shared between individuals and organizations continues to rise sharply.
If inadequate data exchange mechanisms are in place, data sharing relies heavily on individual users, increasing staff overheads and leaving potentially sensitive data open to user error and data breaches.
Secure Managed File Transfer helps organizations transfer high volumes of encrypted data from one network to another whilst maintaining high levels of information assurance via auditing, reporting and policy-based email and file classification.
Streamlined and secure file transfer
Simple, automated data transfer between networks
- Features and benefits:
- Encryption you can trust – government and industry-certified
- Reduce costs and enhance efficiency through streamlined automation
- Integrate bulk file transfer into existing work flows and business processes
- Detailed audits and reports so you can track data leaving your organization
- Schedule bulk file transfer with automated send and receive notifications
- Enforce centralized data protection policies
- Seamless authentication and federation via ADFS and SAML2
- Flexible data hosting options – on-premise, hosted or hybrid
Easy auditing of secure file transfers
Manage the data sharing lifecycle
- The auditing and reporting capabilities in Switch Secure Managed File Transfer enable complete visibility throughout the data sharing life cycle, helping administrators to know when information is accessed
- Customizable email notifications and real-time alerts detailing the success or failure of a transfer can be configured for both the senders and recipients of secure content
Flexible managed file transfer
Integration into existing systems and workflow
- Choice over integration
Switch Secure Managed File Transfer is designed to integrate easily into existing systems, workflows and processes. Supplied as a fully configurable and scalable application, system administrators can create their own integration points and workflow practices. In addition, the service can be supplied with command line tools and APIs that integrate with scripting technologies.
- Control over shared information
Maintain control over shared information at all times. Centralized management and control ensures that data is encrypted and maintained in line with an organization’s compliance policies, limiting the risk of information being shared in error or with the wrong levels of security applied. Information sharing can also be scheduled out of business hours to avoid internet bandwidth restrictions or disruption to core systems used by staff.
Switch Secure Managed File Transfer overview
Egress Switch Secure Managed File Transfer is an application that fully automates the process of sharing and sending files and folders:
- Use it to securely one-way-synchronize two directories using a configured storage location (which can be local folder, network location, WASP, or S3) and/or to automatically send secure emails using XML files that designate package destination and contents
- Runs in the background as a Windows service
- Runs under a configured Switch ID system account, which ensures that each package is registered and accessed only by particular Switch user accounts
- Provides unrivalled integration, automation, and security for the transfer of files and folders, irrespective of type or size
- Combines process automation with sophisticated key management, providing fully auditable end-to-end encryption both internally and between organisations
- Integrates with existing infrastructure and processes, and includes a configurable notification system for both sender and recipient
Two modes of operation
Switch Secure Managed File Transfer has two different modes: one-way directory sync and XML/EML-based automated file transfer. These modes can run simultaneously to provide maximum flexibility and ease of use for users.
The one-way directory synchronisation process – One machine runs MFT and has a source directory that is monitored for changes. This can be a local or network folder. When changes are detected, such as when a file or folder is added, these files/folders are encrypted. The encrypted files are uploaded to a storage location, which can be a local folder, network folder or S3 storage. The recipient machine monitors this storage location for any activity, and when changes are detected the encrypted files are downloaded and decrypted into a destination directory, which can also be a local folder or network folder
The XML/EML-based automated file transfer process – The user creates an XML file containing details of files to send and their intended recipients, saving it as a .task file. Typically, the files to be sent are located in the XML upload directory, but they can also be referred to by their full paths. A local folder acts as a queue and is monitored for new .task or .eml files. The user of third-party system then puts the created .xml file into this queue directory. Switch Secure Managed File Transfer then encrypts the files referenced in the XML file. The encrypted files are sent directly to the specified user as an attachment, or stored in a specific storage location.
- .NET 4.5
- A Windows Service account
- A Switch ID (in your business account)
- Physical or virtual (recommended) server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/MS Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2GB RAM
- 80GB hard drive
- Secures data at rest and in transit using AES-256 bit encryption
- Utilises FIPS 140-2 certified libraries
- Secure authentication and user enrolment
- CESG CPA Foundation Grade encryption product
- CESG Pan Government Accreditation
- ISO 27001:2013 accredited
- Cyber Essentials Plus certified
- Skyhigh Cloud Trust™ rating of Enterprise-Ready
- Uses data centres accredited to ISO 27001/9001
- Listed under Cyber Security Supplier to Government Scheme
- Patent protected (GB 0806429.7 | US12/353,390 | GB 0907665.4)
Flexible management and control
With Switch Secure Managed File Transfer, directory synchronisations can be managed through a console application. Use the console to configure existing synchronised directories, control bandwidth throttling, view a complete events log of actions occurring in your Managed File Transfer network, and stop and start the service.
Whilst using the Secure Managed File Transfer console is a straightforward way to manage the service, it is also possible to edit the configuration settings directly by editing the .config files found in the main directory.
Bandwidth throttling and transfer scheduling
Switch Secure Managed File Transfer contains bandwidth management functionality. Use it to create periods of time where file transfer processes are throttled to a certain bandwidth (measured in kilobytes per second). If you specify multiple overlapping windows of time, the first one matching the current time will be used. File transfer task processing can be delayed in Switch Secure Managed File Transfer. Add date information to files will prevent them being transferred before a specific date and time. For example, if your task name is myTask.task and you want to delay it to January 1st, 2016, changing the task name to myTask.notBefore[01.01.2016].task achieves this.
Trial The Software
We believe that using Switch for yourself is the best way to demonstrate how effective it can be. So why not contact us to set up a free software trial today?
Avidia Bank selects Egress Switch Secure Email and File Transfer to enhance secure communication with external third parties
Boston – July 2017 - Egress Software Technologies Inc., a leader in data security services, announces that Massachusetts-based Avidia Bank has selected Egress Switch Secure Email and File Transf...Read More
Featured Blog Post
Two-thirds of companies admit they should be doing more to protect sensitive information and prevent a data breach – survey reveals
Research carried out by Egress Software Technologies at Infosecurity Europe 2016, has confirmed many organisations are not currently doing enough to protect sensitive data and fear a data breach as a ...Read More
Thursday 19th January 2017, 13:00 EST – The Enemy Within: Overcoming a Company’s Greatest Security Vulnerability – Its People
It has been reported that approximately a quarter of breaches are caused by human error or employee negligence. With the increasing costs and risks associated with data breaches, we will be discussing...Read More