Egress ‘Data on the Move’ Events Receive Fantastic Feedback from the Information Security Market
London - October 2012 - The recent Egress Software Technologies ‘Data on the Move’ events held in Edinburgh and London in October 2012 saw information security and governance experts from across the Public and Private sectors gather to discuss the challenges they face day to day when sharing sensitive information outside their secure networks.
The event attendance demonstrated just how big an issue and challenge secure information sharing has become for all organisations, whatever their sector or size.
Presenters at the events included
- Dawn Monaghan, Strategic Liaison Group Manager, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- David Reynolds, CEO & Founder, the International Association of Accountants Innovation & Technology Consultants
- David Sifleet, IT Security Manager, London Borough of Brent
- Ken Macdonald, Assistant Commissioner (Scotland & Northern Ireland), Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Ken McManus, Assistant Director, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Stuart Chalmers, Head of Business Services, Strathclyde Fire & Rescue
Topics discussed included
- The business implications of outsourcing the processing of personal data.
- Information sharing in the new landscape. How organisations stay legal, secure and fair and avoid regulatory fines for data losses.
- The challenges of sharing sensitive information outside secure accredited networks in both the Public and Private Sectors.
- How do organisations create an information security culture?
Tony Pepper, CEO, Egress Software Technologies comments, “Our ‘Data on the Move’ events represent key opportunities for us to get feedback from organisations on the types of information security challenges they are facing. As a leading provider of email & file encryption services to both the Public and Private Sectors it is crucial that we align our solutions to meet the needs of the market.”
“Over the last 12 months we have seen significant uptake of Egress Switch as organisations recognise the key role it can play in their data and information security strategies, making it safer, easier and more cost effective to share information electronically. I am therefore delighted with the success of this year’s events and feel that they provided the open and educational environment we were hoping for, where organisations could not only discuss their challenges, but also learn from one another. As a result we are already planning our next set of events in early 2013.”
If you would like more information regarding the recent events including presentation slides, please contact us via email@example.com
For more information on Egress and Egress Switch, visit www.egress.com
About Egress Software Technologies
Egress Software Technologies is a leading provider of email & file encryption services, offering innovative on-demand data security, to enable businesses the ability to share confidential information with third parties.
Leveraging a unique combination of on-premise and hosted cloud infrastructure, patented key management delivers real-time 'follow the data' control to ensure that only authorised recipient's access confidential information. This next generation level of control and real-time auditing not only protects our clients from accidental loss but also prevents third parties mishandling personal or sensitive data.
Used by public and private sector organisations around the world, integrated desktop and mobile applications ensure easy to use software, designed to aid compliance and streamline user workflow.
To learn more about Egress Software please visit www.egress.com or call 0871 376 0014