Data Protection Priorities in 2016: CIO Research Report
Summary of key findings
- 87% are concerned their organisation might be exposed under the new EU regulation
- 73.5% are committing to tightening up data sharing processes in response
- Only 20% are focusing on accidental breach, despite research showing it is responsible for 93% of incidents
- 83% admitted they would prioritise technologies based on perceived ease of deployment, rather than their ability to secure data
- 77% are frustrated that users choose not to use the data security tools made available to them
- 87% of these acknowledged this made their company more vulnerable
For a copy of the full research paper, click here
For press enquiries, please contact Spark Communications:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7436 0420
For more information about Egress Software Technologies, please contact Rebecca Bailey - Marketing and Communications:
Tel: +44 (0) 207 624 8500
About Egress Software Technologies
Egress Software Technologies is the leading provider of hosted and on-premise encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information and delivered to customers in both the Public and Private Sectors via a single platform: Egress Switch.
As the first, and currently only, CESG CPA Foundation Grade certified email encryption product on the market, Switch Secure Email enables customers to share highly sensitive information over the internet, without the need to manage external third party credentials. The award-winning Switch portfolio of products also includes Secure File Transfer, Secure Web Form and the latest online collaboration offering, Secure Workspace.
Using patented key management, the platform utilises a unique community-based licensing model known as ‘the Egress Trust Network’ that consists of paying and free Switch subscribers, who are able to share information securely with one another using a single global identity.