Technical Services Placement 2019
Location: Old Street, London
Egress Software Technologies is an award-winning provider of encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information via a single platform. Egress encryption services are currently used by organisations around the world across multiple sectors. We’re proud of our award-winning technology which is the very best in the business. At the 2018 Computing Security Awards we were named 'Encryption Solution of the Year', and in 2017 we won the 'Cloud Security Solution of the Year'. Last year we brought on 80 people into our 200 people organisation, and growth is set to keep going. Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices was recognised at Rate My Placement's 2018 National Undergraduate Employability award where we have been shortlisted for the 'Best Small to Medium-sized Employer' for the third year in a row.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of exciting growth, we are offering an exceptional opportunity for a university student to take part in a 12-month placement in our Technical Services department as part of your university degree.
What would I be doing as a Technical Services Placement?
Our Technical Services Engineers are the lynchpins of our customer facing technical teams, working in both a pre-sales and post-sales capacity.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Supporting and assisting the wider Technical Services team with customer deployments
• Liaising directly with Egress customers and supporting them with any issues during the deployment cycle
• Working with customers to maximise usage of their chosen products
• Working on strategic programmes set by management to upgrade customers
• Becoming an expert using our CRM system, becoming the ‘go-to’ person for system queries
• Ensure all orders are kept up-to-date and accurate within our CRM system
• Provide regular reports for KPI’s across the pre and post sales teams to management
Would I suit this role?
You will report to the UK Post Sales Manager. This role will be given to a student attending a UK based university studying Computer Science/Business (or related subject) with a solid technical background, and have a strong desire to succeed and pursue a career in Technical Services. We seek candidates who thrive on challenges and constantly seek to extend their technical portfolio.
The ideal candidates will have:
• An aptitude for understanding IT systems, and highly technical solutions
• Detail oriented who will help chase the team for updates
• Excellent listening and discovery-process skills
• An ability to map technical solutions to customer needs / business objectives
• A core understanding of Windows, Mac and mobile platforms
• Demonstrable relationship building skills with the ability to network at a technical level
• Excellent technical and fault finding skills
• You will possess a natural communication style and outstanding interpersonal skills. Some exposure to IT security/encryption solutions (desirable, but not essential)
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
The base salary for this position is £18,000 per annum.
If you manage to impress us throughout the duration of your placement year, it is possible you could be offered a permanent Graduate position.
• 25 days annual leave
• Free breakfasts
• Fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
• Free eyecare vouchers
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• RAC discounted breakdown cover
• Egress perks portal – retail discount scheme
• Pool league
• Company sports teams
• Casual dress code
• Friday beer o’clock
• Charity events
Deadline for applications: 14th June 2019
If you think you could be our next Technical Services Placement student, please submit your CV and a short personalised covering letter to the link below.
Any applications without a covering letter will not be considered.