Technical Project Management Placement 2019
Location: Acero, Sheffield
Egress are now looking for new Technical Project Management Placement!
Egress Software Technologies is an award-winning provider of encryption services designed to secure all forms of electronic information via a single platform. Egress encryption services are currently used by organisations around the world across multiple sectors. We’re proud of our award-winning technology which is the very best in the business. At the 2018 Computing Security Awards we were named ‘Encryption Solution of the Year’, and in 2017 we won the ‘Cloud Security Solution of the Year’. In the past year we have recruited over 70 additional people into our ever expanding organisation and our team of 190 people is set to grow even further this year. Our success in hiring graduates, placement students and apprentices were recognised at Rate my Placement’s 2019 National Undergraduate Employability Awards where we were shortlisted for the ‘Best Small to Medium-sized Employer’ award.
As Egress Software Technologies continues its path of growth, we are offering an exceptional opportunity for an undergraduate to take part in a 12-month placement in our Project Management team, starting from Summer 2019, as part of their university degree.
This role will be based at Egress’ brand new Sheffield city centre office, based at Acero in Sheffield’s Digital campus.
What would I be doing as a Technical Project Management Placement?
Our Project Management team have the excellent opportunity with some exciting prospective and current Egress customers, from a wide range of industries and backgrounds.
We are looking for an ambitious undergraduate with excellent organizational skills to join the Project Management Office team to support all the project management activities in our exciting and dynamic business. You will be interacting with several teams at Egress, including Sales, Product Development, Customer Services, and Customer Success, which will give you a great overall understanding on how a growing business works.
As part of our Project Management Office, your role will be to provide administrative support to the Technical Project Manager including:
• Assisting with the development, updating, monitoring and storing of project plans and documents
• Using project management tracking software such as Jira
• Help determine time, cost, resources and materials to complete a project
• Building relationships with internal stakeholders, and managing expectations
• Tracking the status of projects to achieve short and long-term targets
• Supporting development and technical projects through their whole lifecycle
• Creating reports based on project needs, risks and issues
• Arranging meetings, workshops, etc.
• Taking minutes of meetings and following up on actions arising
Would I suit this role?
If you are someone who is organised, a meticulous planner, has great interpersonal skills and has great attention to detail, then this could be the role for you! We don’t expect you to have previous experience in a Project Management Office (although previous exposure would be beneficial). Someone who is a self-starter with a can-do attitude, who is resilient with strong interpersonal skills will fit this role well.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic second year student at university who is studying in a UK based university, predicted a 2:1 or above in an IT/Computing/Technical/Business-related degree. The Project Management Office Placement would suit a person who has:
• Excellent organisation and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills
• Strong attention to detail
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
• The ability to work independently and as a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills and is solution focused
• A “can do” attitude
• The ability to work under pressure
• If you have an understanding of planning principles, project reporting, resource tracking, Agile methodologies (especially Scrum) and any experience with PMO tools, this will be advantageous.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
• 25 days annual leave
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in a UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
• Casual dress code
• Friday beer o’clock
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• Discounted gym scheme
• RAC discounted breakdown cover
• Retail discount scheme
The base salary for this role is £15,000