Sales Bid Executive
Location: Old Street, London
We are currently looking for a proactive Bid Executive to join one of the UK’s leading Information Security Companies. We are a fast-paced and fast-growing company with offices based in the UK, Netherlands, Canada and the USA.
Responsible for crafting well-written, accurate and compelling responses to RFPs and RFIs across both the public and private sector. This role works closely with Business and Account Management Development teams, with additional support from our Technical Services and Customer Success units. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing skills, a strong focus on meeting deadlines and a high attention to detail and quality.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual with the ability to understand customer requirements and translate these in to high quality customer focused proposals.
As a Bid Executive, you will be responsible for the development of proposal templates and the creation and crafting of proposals with the full support of the business development team. Technical content will be provided by our Technical Services team but crafted into content that is easy to read and encapsulates the value of the Egress products or services.
You will have a proven track record in completing RFIs and RFPs. The role will also be responsible for the development of standardised library of responses that can be used to support an accelerated delivery of proposals to customers. Experience in the use of storyboarding will be an advantage.
• Production of tailored, persuasive and high-quality responses to DDQs, PQQs, RFIs and RFPs to support the firm’s business development activities, including the use of storyboarding
• Collaborate with teams across the organisation to craft differentiated, well positioned responses; ensure that questions are comprehensively answered and that written responses are appropriately customised for the specific opportunity
• Creation of a structured, organised RFP process that incorporates stakeholder inputs, reviews and strict deadlines
• Development a strong knowledge base of the firm's products and services
• Definition of the internal bid management process and systems
• Development of best practice sales templates for use across the multiple business sectors served by Egress
• Assist in the coordination, design and completion of storyboards and bid plans
• Reporting on bid progress through appropriate internal channels
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Proven track record in the successful completion of new business proposals, DDQs, PQQs, RFIs and RFPs
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail in writing and editing documents is key.
• Good coordination and management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard is essential
• Ability to think laterally and identify alternate solutions to client problems
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Degree-level education (ideally English Literature, Marketing or Sales related) or equivalent journalistic professional writing background
• Knowledge of cyber security solutions an advantage
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines is essential
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
• 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully funded office socials
• Work hard, play hard culture
• Pension scheme
• BUPA Private Health Cover
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.