Location: Old Street, London & Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Egress is a market leader in security and encryption software, providing award winning data security solutions to a range of clients - from small to large enterprise level organisations in both the private and public sectors. In the last 3 years, we have developed from a small company with big ideas, to having a multi-award winning status, a headcount of 100 people and multiple offices across the UK and North America.
This role is based in our Sheffield office and is a full-time, permanent position.
Core responsibilities will include:
- developing detailed test plan documentation based on project requirements
- developing automated test platforms from scratch
- logging and describing issues discovered during testing
- interacting with Software Developers to resolve issues discovered during testing
- interacting with clients to resolve issues encountered when working with third-party products
- creating real-world test environments from scratch
- developing and enhancing automated test platforms
The position would ideally suit a highly sociable and charismatic individual who is professional, well organised, and exhibits a keen eye for detail.
The ideal candidate will possess a natural communication style and have ability to build effective relationships both within an Agile development team and with the wider business.
- Experience of manual testing in an Agile environment
- Experience with bug tracking and test management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- A high aptitude for Problem Solving
- An ability to change pace very quickly & and multi-task
Any exposure to the following technologies would be desirable:
- Testing .NET applications
- Automation testing tools – e.g Selenium, codedUI, white etc
- VMWare Tools / ESXi
- Python scripting
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.