Product Marketing Manager
Location: Old Street, London
Why work at Egress?
At Egress, we are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition, and Integrity run through everyone who works here, and through everything we do. Based in our Fort Point office in the heart of Boston, you’ll work in a friendly, supportive environment alongside colleagues with a wide range of business and technical experience and knowledge. Your development and growth genuinely matter here, and you’ll be able to foster your skills while working in a truly satisfying and exciting role.
Egress Software is on a steep growth trajectory as it continues to invest in its user-centric data security platform for protecting unstructured data. Egress is recruiting an experienced Product Marketing Manager based out of its offices in Boston, MA. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO), the Product Marketing Manager will be the voice of the customer within Egress.
The Product Marketing Manager’s duties and responsibilities are as below:
• Develop product messaging that differentiates the Egress products and services from others in the market
• Gain insights into customer use of current products as well as any untapped market opportunities
• Develop, maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-research
• Communicate the value of new products and services to the sales and marketing team
• Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the solution story
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement strategic go-to-market campaigns
• Use market research data to help determine product pricing
• Create product content such as product data sheets, whitepapers, videos, website copy and blog posts
The idea candidate will have a minimum of five years Product Marketing experience, preferably in the enterprise software space. In addition, they will have:
• Collaborative skills: The Product Marketing Manager will work with teams across Egress (in the US, UK and Canada). This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives. New product launches are inherently ‘cross functional’ and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
• Communication skills: The Product Marketing Manager is required to have excellent speaking and writing abilities. The candidate will frequently have to present about new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products.
• Research skills: A crucial part of being a Product Marketing Manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and the candidate will need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
• 18 days’ vacation (rising to 20 days in year two)
• 11 days holiday (MA)
• Benefits Supplement of $10,000 per year from which you can purchase Health, Dental, Vision and other insurance plans from a wide portfolio provided by our benefits partner Trinet
• 401k matching up to 3% of basic salary
• Invite to the Egress Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)