Location: Old Street, London or Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Egress Software has been on a steep growth trajectory as it continues to invest in a “user-centric” data security platform for protecting unstructured data. Egress is making exciting strategic changes including embracing artificial intelligence and machine learning to build privacy and risk management tools as close to the user as possible.
Egress is currently recruiting for an experienced Product Manager who will work across functional teams to create and execute the vision for the product by routinely collaborating with and influencing colleagues in Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Sales.
The Product Manager will focus on:
Product Planning: Establish the value proposition and vision, strategy and go-to-market (GTM) plan for the Egress Data Security Platform.
• Define the total attainable market, size, growth, pricing strategy and profitability
• Understand market position - why we win, why we lose and manage analyst ratings
• Influence the GTM approach- direct/ indirect/ channel.
Product Lifecycle Management: Engage closely with the engineering team to bring products to market in a reasonable timeframe and end of life products when appropriate.
• Communicate the product strategy and gain support among various functional teams
• Assist with marketing strategy and messaging
• Perform customer research and integrate usability studies into product requirements to make sure the products meet and exceeds market demand
• Write specifications, prioritize new features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers.
• Serve as an unwavering champion for the Egress product line and its customers
The idea Product Manager will have a minimum of five years Product Management experience, preferably in the cybersecurity software space. In addition, they will have:
• Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrable understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) platform concepts and the associated challenges and trade-offs which necessarily accompany growth and scale.
• Proven and relevant experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Extensive customer facing experience
• Launch experience, including documentation and smooth handover to go-to-market and support teams.
Why work at Egress?
At Egress, we are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition, and Integrity run through everyone who works here, and through everything we do. Based in our Electric Works office in the heart of Sheffield, just opposite the railway station, you’ll work in a friendly, supportive environment alongside colleagues with a wide range of technical experience and knowledge. Although we’re a growing company, you’ll have direct access to senior technical staff and the ability to take ownership of what you do, with a genuine voice in design decisions. Your development and growth genuinely matter here, and you’ll be able to foster your skills whilst working in a truly satisfying and exciting role.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
• 25 days’ annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
• Free fruit, tea, coffee, and breakfasts
• Monthly fully-funded office socials (Meals out, Quiz Nights, etc.)
• Work hard, play hard culture
• Pension scheme
• BUPA Private Health Cover
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Annual company get-aways with team-building and social activities