Post Sales Technical Consultant
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Egress are now looking for a new Post Sales Technical Consultant!
Egress is a market leader in security and encryption software, providing award winning data security solutions to a range of clients - from small to large enterprise level organisations in both the private and public sectors. In the last 3 years, we have developed from a small company with big ideas, to having a multi-award winning status, a headcount of 170 people and multiple offices across the UK and North America.
Applications: Rolling Recruitment from September 2018 to 31st January 2019.
What would I be doing as a Post Sales Technical Consultant?
Our Post Sales Technical Consultants are the lynchpins of our customer facing technical teams. We are looking for confident, ambitious and driven individuals to join our Post Sales Technical team.
Post Sales Technical Consultants are required to:
• attend existing customer meetings and presentations, with Sales colleagues
• work with customers to ensure our products are meeting the customer’s expectations
• provide advice and assistance in the delivery, installation, deployment, maintenance and use of Egress technology in their environments
• liaise with internal/external clients in order to analyse business procedure, clarify client requirements and to define the scope of existing software, hardware and network provision
• examine existing flows of data and implements Egress solutions to meet clients’ needs
• analyse, evaluate and monitor network infrastructure and performance
• work closely with clients to implement new systems
• troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with Egress solutions in existing customer environments
• provide post-sales support for new and existing customers
• deliver on line and on site product demonstrations
• manage existing customer relationships
In addition, our Post Sales Technical Consultants handle technical presentations at trade shows and conferences, and are expected to maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars and certifications.
This role is based in our London offices, but you will be required to travel to Customer sites throughout the UK. As our customer footprint expands internationally, you may also have the opportunity to travel overseas.
Would I suit this role?
We are looking for very technical individuals, who have recently (or are just about to complete) a degree or masters in a technical subject such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related subjects. You will also need to have a drive to work in a customer facing role, with a driven and outgoing personality. Ideally the candidate will have some experience in a post-sales or pre-sales capacity, within the cyber security industry.
To be successful in role, we are looking for:
• an aptitude for understanding IT systems, and highly technical solutions
• Detailed knowledge of Egress secure Mail solutions
• experience in a pre or post sales capacity, within the cyber security industry
• ability to conduct successful proof of concepts, with Egress prospects
• Exposure to Egress system Infrastructure
• excellent listening and discovery-process skills
• an ability to map technical solutions to customer needs / business objectives
• a core understanding of Windows, Mac and mobile platforms
• demonstrable relationship building skills with the ability to network at a technical level
• excellent technical and fault finding skills
• have a good academic record from GCSE onwards
• have held a full driving license for over 12 months
• You will possess a natural communication style and outstanding interpersonal skills.
• some exposure to IT security/encryption solutions (desirable, but not essential)
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Retail / Gym Discount Scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)