Platform Engineer – Windows
Location: Old Street, London
The Platform Engineer is a vital part of Operations team, working with Architects and the Development team to drive Egress’s continuous deployment strategy. You will be responsible for the infrastructure that keeps Egress moving, relying heavily on cloud services. The right person will need to be able to liaise, plan and react quickly to ensure minimal downtime.
Alongside being a strong advocate for digital solutions and approaches across the department, you will need to manage the support of development teams in configuring applications for development.
You will have a background in systems administration and a good understanding of development practices.
• Attend product or project related stand up meetings as required
• Use automation tools (such as Terraform) to automate the build of infrastructure
• Use configuration management tools (such as Salt) to maintain a known configuration of environments
• Apply devops practices to the delivery of applications and infrastructure
• Identify and implement key metrics to measure the performance and availability of platforms
• Identify and implement key metrics to track releases and deployments
• Ensure platforms are compliant with relevant security requirements
• Ensure that all changes are measured for quality
• Work with development to identify opportunities for improvement and technical debt reduction
• cross-train colleagues to support a resilient team structure
• Provide out of hours support
• Develop in depth technical expertise in the products used within the organisation
- Windows SERVER 2012/2016/2019
- Active Directory site design/management
- Server deployment automation
- Server configuration management
- Strong networking skills
- Email protocol/standards DMARC/DKIM/SPF
- Network and Windows Security
- MS SQL
- IIS (web/SMTP)
- Barracuda firewalls
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
• 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Work hard, play hard culture
• Pension scheme
• BUPA Private Health Cover
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.