Information Security Placement 2019
Location: Old Street, London
What’s the role?
The Egress Placement Program is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to take their first steps in a security or compliance-based role in a software-based IT Security organisation. As part of your 12-month placement you will be part of our Information Security team where you will get a wide-range of experience supporting all roles and functions across the whole of Egress and its varied and demanding customer base, covering the public, financial and professional services sectors.
If successful, you would be helping to develop, maintain and manage effective cyber security operations. You will be helping to produce and manage ISO27001:2013 document sets and other policies and processes as required.
Egress are looking for a talented, innovative student who is interested in technology and information security to join our Information Security team. You would report directly to the Information Security Manager and work closely with teams across the whole business, providing security guidance on best practice and compliance; developing a culture where security is at the heart of everything we do.
Application will close on the 2nd of Febuary 2019.
What would I be doing as an Information Security Placement?
• Producing documentation and doing internal audits in Egress to ensure we stay compliant to relevant security certifications
• Helping to maintain compliance across all of Egress’ offices, in London, Sheffield, Barnsley and Toronto – travel may be required.
• Partaking in security risk assessments, helping to produce an action plan and reporting on progress to the InfoSec team
• Provide support for the operation and maintenance of our ISMS which includes, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Assist the Information Security Manager with all ISMS tasks
- Deliver and manage Information Security Awareness Training, including GDPR
- Partake in the annual review of ISMS policies and writing new ones if required
- Identify Information Security goals to meet business requirements
- Risk Assessments and mitigation
- Monitor internal and external threats and provide mitigation solutions
- Management and monitoring of controls to ensure that they are fully and correctly implemented
- Management of information security incidents, including review and lessons learnt
• Providing weekly and monthly reports to senior teams
• Defining and reporting on security KPIs
• Assisting with internal security awareness training
Would I suit this role?
We understand you might not know everything about information security quite yet, but we are looking for innovative, talented individuals who are interested in information security, are keen to learn, with an interest in pursuing a career in a similar role. This position is for a current second year student based at a UK University who is working towards a 2:1 in a computer security or related degree.
We are looking for people with a good understanding of technology, with a passion for security. You will possess a natural communication style, with the ability to work well with Egress colleagues and external stakeholders. We also need you to have a good natural writing style, are able to organise and prioritise effectively, and can work well in a team but also independently.
Any knowledge to the following concepts would be desirable:
• ISMS - its purpose, what it consists of & how it functions
• NCSC’s Cloud Security Principles
• Secure email services
• Cloud-hosted solutions
• Awareness of:
- ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System (to promote Egress’ ISMS to an ISQMS)
- ISO27017:2015 Code of Practice for information security controls for cloud services
-ISO27018:2014 Code of Practice for protection of PII in public clouds (to align with all our host providers)
What Benefits would I get in this role?
• 25 days annual leave
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in a UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)
• Free eyecare vouchers
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• RAC discounted breakdown cover
• Egress perks portal – retail discount scheme
• Pool league
• Company sports teams
• Flexible dress code
• Friday beer o’clock
• Charity events
• Discounted gym membership
The annual salary for this role is £17,000 + benefits
How do I apply for this role?
If you think you could be our next Information Security Placement student, please send us a CV and an accompanying cover letter to the link above.