Location: London, UK
Egress is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join the finance team in London.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for a broad range of duties, primarily statutory compliance, management reporting, maintenance of a strong internal control environment and business support.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified, world-class Financial Accountant, who wants to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment.
What would I be doing as a Financial Accountant?
- Preparation of monthly financial accounts through collection of data, analysing and investigating variances, summarising data and trends.
- Provide financial advice and ensure accuracy by studying operational issues, applying financial principles and practices, including identification and recording of accruals/ prepayments
- Analyse and reconcile global inter-company balances
- Ensure accurate processing of multicurrency supplier and customer invoices
- Processing of business-related expenses and auditing receipts for all expense claims
- Reconciling multicurrency bank accounts and credit card statements
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and resolution of action items
- Preparation of VAT and PAYE benefits settlement scheme reporting and returns
- Interface with external auditors for periodic financial reviews, controls testing and other inquiries
- Other ad-hoc accounting duties as required
Who is Egress looking for?
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Professional or Newly Qualification (ACA /ACCA/CIMA)
- A minimum of three years accounting experience
- Experience with multicurrency reporting
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, preferably in a tech company
- Understanding of US tax is beneficial
- Credibility to liaise cross-functionally with the wider business
- Methodical, diligent, accurate and accountable
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality work to deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive - requiring little supervisory input on a daily basis
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvement through change
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
Employee benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Monthly fully-funded office socials (meals out, quiz nights, etc.)
- Friday beer o’clock
- Invite to our Annual Employee Team Building Event – overnight trip away to a UK resort, all meals and accommodation paid for
- Discounted gym scheme
- Company sports teams
- Pool and chess leagues
- Free eyecare vouchers
- Discounted RAC Breakdown Cover
- Cycle-to-work discount scheme
- White Collar Factory office perks (e.g. discounted theatre and concert tickets)
- Access to running track on the rooftop of the White Collar Factory
- Rooftop bar
- Internal Recognition Scheme
- Charity events
Why work at Egress?
We're proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us and everything we do.
Based in London’s tech-centric Old Street, with offices right on the famed ‘Silicon Roundabout’, you’ll be part of a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company-funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, top-end coffee, and our company pool table.