Customer Support Engineer
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Do you enjoy dealing with customers and assisting with resolving issues?
Do you enjoy a varied workflow?
You will be responsible for delivering world-class technical support to a fast-growing customer base.
Our customers include the public, financial and professional services sectors and duties will include the below.
- First point of contact for all calls, chats, tickets and emails which reach the Service Desk.
- Troubleshoot and gather information for all incidents that are not documented and resolve if possible
- Resolve tickets that have a documented resolution/workaround.
- Process all service requests
• Answering questions related to Egress products and services and escalating when necessary
• Promoting Egress products, services and training through educating and empowering our customer base
• Proactively looking for solutions to problems and proposing improvements if something could work better
• Working with other areas of the business to resolve customer issues
• You have a passion for customer support with experience in a customer facing role
• You are flexible in terms of working hours as the Service Desk operates on a shift pattern, delivering 24/7 support.
• You have a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
• You will be able to successfully obtain the necessary Security Clearance level required for this role.
• You have a mathematical or scientific mind and have an ability to explain complex issues in simple terms
• You will possess outstanding interpersonal skills which help you to make decisions and solve problems both as a team but also independently
Technical skills and Experience
- Experience in customer-facing roles and helpdesk systems is a plus
- Ability to speak with customers using verbal and written communication.
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Exposure to the following technologies would be desirable:
- Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac and Mobile Operating systems
Full training in the company’s product portfolio will be provided to you.
This role is based in our Sheffield office.
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge!
• 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Work hard, play hard culture
• Pension scheme
• BUPA Private Health Cover
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Annual Events