Content Technical Writer
Location: Acero, Sheffield
Why work at Egress?
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.
• Curating, editing, proof-reading and correcting all technical documentation
• Identifying and analysing documentation needs.
• Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
• Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialised topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
• Works on specialised customer installation documents
• Participation in general project work and product delivery.
• Working within the product team, you will collaborate closely with business stakeholders, designers and engineers to ensure documentation is comprehensive and accurate.
• have 5-10 years in a similar role, writing professional customer-facing product documentation for a broad audience
• history of being able to translate complex and technical information into clear, concise and everyday language that customers can understand.
• talented writer, with the ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
• have experience in gathering stakeholder requirements and prioritising across multiple deliverables.
• enjoy collaborating closely with designers, engineers, marketing and business stakeholders on a daily basis in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• have high attention to detail, both spelling and grammatical.
• ideally, have experience creating visuals and diagrams that facilitate understanding.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
• 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Work hard, play hard culture
• Pension scheme
• BUPA Private Health Cover
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Invite to our Annual Kick Off event in February (2x nights away in UK resort, team building activities, all meals and accommodation paid for)