Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
The Business Analyst is responsible for translating business ideas into implementable requirements.
This role sits within Egress’ Product Management department and will report into the Head of Product Management. The Business Analyst will use real-time user data and analytics programs to identify user trends, successful functions and potential user adoption problems with the applications.
The Business Analyst will emphasise iteration on delivering end-user value, rather than formal requirements management.
Business Analysts work closely with development teams as either a member of a single team, or they can be involved in the work of multiple teams, potentially across multiple products.
This person will be required to liaise with all the departments responsible for operating and maintaining their products, including customer support. They should collaborate with sales, technical services and other client-facing roles too.
Ensure the right information is available to the development team in the right level of detail, at the right time, so they can build the right product.
The Business Analyst will work closely with the Head of Technical Delivery, Chief Product Officer, VP of Operations, VP of Solutions and other internal stakeholders and senior managers to ensure successful execution of our strategic choices and solution designs.
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead the requirements-gathering process on epics, consulting with product management, development teams, clients and other stakeholders.
• Elaborate the details by documenting story details based on epics after reviewing with development
• Write detailed acceptance criteria
• Lead backlog grooming to decompose and estimate stories, maintain the product backlog and order it in terms of business value
• Ensure the product creates value for its customers, its users and the company
• Attend scrum meetings including stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
• Answer questions from developers and clarify requirements
• Accept product increments from the team and provide feedback on their work
• Communicate project state to the Project Manager, including escalation of risks, issues and potential changes to project deadlines
• Work with Product, UX and architecture on design options and potential system & process solutions, ensuring that all requirements have been met and any risks identified
• Be the key interface that communicates project and business requirements to delivery units to build, test and deliver the end solution.
• Work with Product to understand and define the needs, goals and issues of our customers, both external and internal.
How you will do it?
The Business Analyst will have the ability to:
• Absorb large amounts of detail whilst not losing sight of the big picture
• Manage conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity
• Understand end to end project and software development lifecycles along with their associated processes
• Produce use case diagrams & descriptions, when required
• Take a “hands on” approach and work closely with users to understand their issues and requirements
• Work with little supervision and pick up new or unfamiliar concepts quickly
• Work independently or as part of a wider Product Management team on projects
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge!
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
• 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
• Free breakfasts
• Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
• Work hard, play hard culture
• Pension scheme
• BUPA Private Health Cover
• Cycle to work discount scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Annual Events