Location: Sheffield, UK
Automation tester job specification
Egress have opportunities for a talented QA engineers to join our Automation and Continuous Integration team.
You’ll have all the skills of an experienced manual QA engineer with an additional desire to improve testing efficiencies through automation.
You’ll also be an excellent communicator, have a keen eye for detail and be analytical in your approach to automating testing.
- Maintaining and creating automated tests.
- UI & API automation.
- Working on multiple projects for both web and desktop applications.
- Attending daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Analysing existing test cases for automation.
- Reporting bugs/defects
- Maintaining & Configuring CI environments
- Selenium experience (preferably using Python)
- CI Experience (preferably Jenkins)
- Understanding of the Page Object Model approach.
- API testing experience (Python requests, Postman)
- Source control tools (SVN/Git)
- Ability to create and maintain existing automated tests.
- Test case management software (TestRail)
- Defect management software (Jira)
- Agile experience (Scrum)
Why work at Egress?
At Egress, we are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focussed environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition, and Integrity run through everyone who works here, and through everything we do. Based in our Electric Works office in the heart of Sheffield, just opposite the railway station, you’ll work in a friendly, supportive environment alongside colleagues with a wide range of technical experience and knowledge. Although we’re a growing company, you’ll have direct access to senior technical staff and the ability to take ownership of what you do, with a genuine voice in design decisions. Your development and growth genuinely matter here, and you’ll be able to foster your skills whilst working in a truly satisfying and exciting role.
- 25 days’ annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, and breakfasts
- Monthly fully-funded office socials (Meals out, Quiz Nights, etc.)
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Annual company get-aways with team-building and social activities